100% Pure Adrenaline!
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 2 hours, 2 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: October 20, 2015
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Additional scenes
- 4 featurettes:
- Adrenaline junkies
- It's make or break
- On location: Malibu and ride the wave
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Japanese, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Patrick Swayze & Keanu Reeves|
|Performer:||Gary Busey, Lori Petty, John C. McGinley, James Le Gros, John Philbin & BoJesse Christopher|
|Directed by||Kathryn Bigelow|
|Edited by||Howard E. Smith|
|Screenwriting by||W. Peter Iliff|
|Composition by||Mark Isham|
|Story by||Rick King & W. Peter Iliff|
|Produced by||Peter Abrams & Robert L. Levy|
|Director of Photography:||Donald Peterman|
|Executive Production by||James Cameron|
...Its purely visceral material (surf sounds, skydiving stunt work, a tough indoor shootout midway through) are first-rate...
Rating: 8/10 -- A nearly flawless marriage of the genre clichés of the classic '80s-model cop action picture with the elevated physicality of the '90s action films to come. Full Review
Antagony & Ecstasy
Rating: 4/5 -- The hinted spirituality of the film is plainly silly, but it's quickly swallowed by the undertow of crashing spectacle. Full Review
...[The director] keeps the action percolating in high style....Reeves proves a resourceful actor...
A hare-brained wild ride through big surf and bad vibes, Point Break acts like a huge, nasty wave, picking up viewers for a few major thrills but ultimately grinding them into the sand via overkill and absurdity. Full Review
There's enough high-octane, heart-racing excitement for a dozen movies. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/5 -- A lot of the snap comes, surprisingly, from Mr. Reeves, who displays considerable discipline and range. He moves easily between the buttoned-down demeanor that suits a police procedural story and the loose-jointed manner of his comic roles.
New York Times
POINT BREAK is the high-velocity thrill ride in which clean-cut FBI agent Johnny Utah (Keanu Reeves) goes head to head with surfer renegade Bodhi (Patrick Swayze) in this nonstop action drama. Utah is assigned to go undercover, investigating a string of 28 bank robberies by a gang called the Ex-Presidents. With very little to go on, as the Ex-Presidents are adept at their trade, deal only in cash, and never leave behind clues, Utah's only lead comes from his partner, Pappas (Gary Busey). Pappas believes that the Ex-Presidents are a surfer gang, lead by charismatic adrenalin junkie Bodhi. Posing as a surfer himself, Utah slowly becomes a member of Bodhi's gang, enticed by his energy and craziness. As Utah's investigation goes deeper, with dazzling extreme sports hijinks that involve night surfing, sky diving, and well-executed bank robberies that serve as the glue between his world and Bodhi's, Utah must ultimately choose between duty and friendship. Director Kathryn Bigelow presents a well-sculpted masterpiece with this action-lover's dream, adding another gem to an already glowing filmography (K-19: THE WIDOWMAKER, WILD PALMS, and THE WEIGHT OF WATER).
- Theatrical Release: July 12, 1991.
- Shot on location in Southern California and in Oahu, Hawaii.
- Director Kathryn Bigelow says of POINT BREAK, "What's interesting about this film is that it's set in a landscape you think you know, yet from frame one of the movie, it suddenly becomes very tribal, primal and foreign. The beach community is explored in the film as an exotic, mysterious world full of these strange characters. You feel like you're entering some really bizarre culture that somehow exists simultaneously in the world as we know it. It's wonderful to be able to introduce audiences to a world that's unique."
- Keanu Reeves was named 1992's Most Desirable Male at the MTV Movie Awards.
- Musician Anthony Kiedis, who played "Tone," is a member of the rock group The Red Hot Chili Peppers. Vincent Klyn, who played "Warchild," is a champion surfer.
- POINT BREAK is the first film from Largo Entertainment, a joint venture of JVC/Entertainment, Inc., and producer Lawrence Gordon.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$2.98 on Sale
Vintage Thrillers Collection (The Most Dangerous Game /...
$4.98 on Sale