X Live In Los Angeles
|You Save:||$0.18 (2% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-4 business days
- Released: May 10, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Shout Factory
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Your Phone's Off The Hook, But You're Not
- $1.29 on iTunes2.In This House That I Call Home
- $1.29 on iTunes3.We're Desperate
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Beyond & Back
- $1.29 on iTunes5.White Girl
- $1.29 on iTunes6.The Unheard Music
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Los Angeles
- $1.29 on iTunes8.True Love
- $1.29 on iTunes9.I'm Coming Over
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Blue Spark
- $1.29 on iTunes11.The New World
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Nausea
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Johny Hit And Run Paulene
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Motel Room In My Bed
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Because I Do
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Devil Doll
- $1.29 on iTunes17.The Hungry Wolf
- $1.29 on iTunes18.Year 1
- $1.29 on iTunes19.The World's A Mess, It's In My Kiss
- $1.29 on iTunes20.Soul Kitchen
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
X (L.A. Punk): John Doe (vocals, bass guitar); Exene Cervenka (vocals); Billy Zoom (guitar); D.J. Bonebrake (drums).
Audio Mixer: Billy Zoom.
Audio Remasterer: Keith Blake.
Liner Note Author: Flea .
Recording information: House Of Blues, Los Angeles, CA (11/28/2004).
Author: Henry Rollins.
Photographer: Beth Herzhaft.
This 2005 release culls performances from two live dates X recorded in their home town of Los Angeles in 2004. Some old school X fans may turn their noses up at the idea of a reunion tour twenty-plus years after the band's heyday, yet it is hard to deny the sheer ferocity that Exene Cervenka, John Doe, Billy Zoom, and D.J. Bonebrake display here. In fact, it is difficult to hear the intervening years. Given the band's razor-sharp intensity and overflowing energy, LIVE IN LOS ANGELES might just as easily have been recorded in the early '80s during the first blossom of L.A.'s burgeoning punk scene
The twenty-one tracks are sequenced to give the impression of one continuous concert performance, the songs played one after another with white-hot precision, interrupted occasionally by friendly audience banter. The full range of X's catalogue is here: from amphetamine-driven rockers ("We're Desperate") to drone-y thumpers ("Nausea") to cheeky political commentary ("The New World") through more melodic, groove-oriented numbers ("Blue Spark") and their most classic anthems ("Los Angeles"). The band sounds tight as ever, with Doe and Cervenka's vocals holding up particularly well. LIVE is a testament to the durability of one of California's all-time greatest punk exports.
The New World Live - Live at The Paradise, Boston 1986...
$9.98 Super Savings
The Decline of Western Civilization
100 Hits: Lipstick on Your Collar: 100 Teenage Classics Of... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$10.98 on Sale