|You Save:||$0.48 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 18 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 12, 2009
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: MGM
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Side - Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Stanley Baker, Jack Hawkins, Ulla Jacobsson, James Booth & Michael Caine|
|Performer:||Nigel Green, Glynn Edwards, Paul Daneman, Neil McCarthy, Gary Bond & Patrick Magee|
|Directed by||Cy Endfield|
|Edited by||John Jympson|
|Narrated by||Richard Burton|
|Composition by||John Barry|
|Art Direction by||Ernest Archer|
|Produced by||Stanley Baker & Cy Endfield|
|Director of Photography:||Stephen Dade|
Thanks to accomplished filmmaking by the writer-director Cy Endfield...ZULU has long enjoyed a reputation as one the premiere action spectacles of the 1960s...
New York Times
This may not be exact history, but it certainly makes an impression. Full Review
Los Angeles Times
Zulu is a fairly tough-minded and interesting account of a company of Welsh soldiers doing their bit for somebody else's Queen and Country in an alien land. Full Review
Rating: B+ -- A brilliantly made dramatisation of Rorke's Drift, and it does a fine job of capturing the spirit for which the battle is remembered. Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- Responsável por lançar a carreira de Caine, o filme merece créditos também por evitar retratar os zulus como caricaturas selvagens, mas, mesmo que seja hábil ao criar uma atmosfera de urgência e desespero, acaba tornando-se longo demais.
Cinema em Cena
Rating: 3/4 -- The old-fashioned war epic that made Michael Caine a star. Full Review
Three Movie Buffs
Joseph E. Levine makes an impressive debut in British film production with Zulu, a picture that allows ample scope for his flamboyant approach to showmanship. Full Review
Based on an actual historic event, this is the story of a group of British soldiers stationed in Africa who are forced to defend their tiny outpost against an attack by powerful Zulu warriors. They are outnumbered 40-1 but are still ready to fight to the finish. Michael Caine is outstanding in Cy Endfield's powerful drama. Narrated by Richard Burton.
Based on actual events, this film takes place in 1879 at Africa's Roarke's Drift, a military post occupied by 97 British soldiers. The Englishmen receive word that they are about to be besieged by 4,000 Zulu warriors armed with spears and even rifles. The soldiers stay and fight the warriors, desperately using everything they can find to withstand the onslaught.
- Filmed in Natal and completed at Twickenham Film Studios in England. Shot in Technicolor and Super Technorama 70.
- Originally released on video by Charter Entertainment in 1986.
- First British film production for American impressario Joseph E. Levine.
- Copyright 1963 Diamond Films, Ltd.
- First starring role for British actor Michael Caine, born Maurice Joseph Mickewhite March 14, 1933, in Bermondsey, England. Married in 1973 to Shakira Baksh, they have one daughter, Natasha. He has an elder, married daughter, Dominique, born 1956, to his first wife, Patricia Haynes.
- Additional cast: Ivor Emmanuel (Private Owen), Glynn Edwards (Corporal Allen), Neil McCarthy (Private Thomas), David Kernan (Private Hitch), Peter Gill (Private G12 Williams), Tom Gerrard (Lance Corporal), Richard Davies (Private 593 Jones), Dafydd Havard (Gunner Howarth), Denys Graham (Private 716 Jones), Dickie Owen (Corporal Schiess), Larry Taylor (Hughes), Joe Powell (Sergeant Windridge), John Sullivan (Stephenson), Harvey Hall (Sick Man), Gert Van Den Bergh (Adendorf), Dennis Folbigge (Commissary Dalton), Kerry Jordan (Company Cook), Ronald Hill (Bugler), Chief Buthelezi (Cetewayo), Daniel Tshabalala (Jacob), Ephraim Mbhele (Red Garters), and Simon Sabela (Dance Leader).
- Additional credits: Jennifer Thompson (assistant editor), Douglas Rankin (production consultant), and Rusty Coppleman (sound editor).
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$2.98 BLACK FRIDAY
Sword-and-Sandal Double Feature: Goliath and the Sins of...
$5.95 BLACK FRIDAY