Electric Light Orchestra ELO's Greatest Hits
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$6.30|
|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 22, 1986
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Sony
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Evil Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Livin' Thing
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Can't Get It Out Of My Head
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Showdown
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Turn To Stone
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Rockaria!
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Sweet Talkin' Woman
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Telephone Line
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Ma-Ma-Ma Belle
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Strange Magic
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Mr. Blue Sky
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Composer: Jeff Lynne.
Personnel: Jeff Lynne (vocals, guitar, keyboards, synthesizer); Richard Tandy (vocals, keyboards, synthesizer); Bev Bevan (vocals, drums); Kelly Groucutt (vocals, percussion).
Recording information: 1973-1977.
Photographer: Fin Costello.
Although ELO's mid-'70s string of albums--ON THE THIRD DAY, ELDORADO, FACE THE MUSIC, A NEW WORLD RECORD, and OUT OF THE BLUE--are substantial efforts, filled with exciting, inventive music, ELO was known at the time and forever after as a world-class singles band. ELO'S GREATEST HITS 1973-1977, originally released in 1979, showcases this era magnificently. All 11 of these tracks were released as singles, some of them slightly remixed and edited from their album versions, and most of them were both AM and FM radio hits. Beatlesque and catchy enough to appeal to teenyboppers, yet ambitious and sonically detailed enough for album-rock snobs, ELO was one of the most commercially successful rock bands of the decade, and for good reason. Although the set lacks anything from the band's more experimental first two albums (not even the magnificent "10538 Overture"), this collection is '70s-vintage ear candy at its finest.