|SUPER SAVINGS:||$17.20 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.77 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 6, 2005
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Surround 5.1 English
- Mono 1.0 French
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Scenes
- Audio Commentary
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Barbra Streisand & Kris Kristofferson|
|Performer:||Gary Busey, Paul Mazursky, Oliver Clark, Sally Kirkland, Joanne Linville & Marta Heflin|
|Directed by||Frank Pierson|
|Edited by||Peter Zinner|
|Music by||Barbra Streisand & Paul Williams|
|Screenwriting by||John Gregory Dunne, Joan Didion & Frank Pierson|
|Composition by||Roger Kellaway|
|Cameo:||Rita Coolidge & Tony Orlando|
|Produced by||Jon Peters|
|Director of Photography:||Robert Surtees|
Academy Awards 1976 - Best Original Song: Barbra Streisand & Paul Williams
Two rock superstars play out their lives against the high pressure background of big-time rock and roll. Streisand's singing adds luster to a familiar script. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Song Score. Academy Awards: Best Song ("Evergreen").
Description by Warner Home Video:
Star Is Born, A (1976)
The fire of Barbra Streisand. The magnetism of Kris Kristofferson. The reckless world of big-time rock 'n' roll. All three bring a new passion and timeliness to A Star Is Born, one of the screen's classic love stories (previously filmed in 1937 and 1954) and winner of five Golden GlobeO Awards, including Best Picture, Actress and Actor (Musical/Comedy).
Paul Williams, Kenny Loggins, Leon Russell and others worked with Streisand on one of the most popular song scores ever, topped by the Streisand/Williams Evergreen winning the Academy AwardO and Golden GlobeO Award as 1976's Best Original Song. Their teamwork resulted in a box-office triumph as well as "a considerable achievement" (Clive Hirschhorn, The Hollywood Musical).
In this third remake of the classic made originally in 1937, the story is updated for the 1970s and concerns a rock superstar and his downward spiral into booze and drugs.
- The song "Evergreen," won the Academy and Golden Globe Awards for Best Song.
- Color by Metrocolor.
- Additional cast: Vanetta Fields and Clydie King (The Oreos), Marta Heflin (Quentin), M.G. Kelly (Bebe Jesus), and Joanne Linville (Freddie).
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Copyright 1976 Barwood Films, Inc., The First Artists Production Company Ltd., and Warner Bros.
The Alice Faye Collection, Volume 2 (The Great American... (DVD)
$17.98 on SALE
- Sales Rank: 6,398
- UPC: 085393353629
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Greatest Live Performances of the '50s, '60s and '70s (DVD) NEW
$10.98 on SALE
Rock Rock Rock! (Includes Bonus 1955 Rhythm & Blues Review) (DVD-R)