PBS - Ken Burns: Jazz (10-DVD)
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$69.50 + $4 additional shipping|
|You Save:||$30.49 (30% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Number of Discs: 10
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 18 hours, 58 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 28, 2004
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Pbs (Direct)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- 10-Disc Boxed Set - Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Subtitles - English - Closed Captioned
- Additional Release Material:
- Behind the Scenes - "Making of JAZZ"
- Interactive Features:
- Pop-Ups - "Playlist" (Including Additional Footage on Discs 2, 7 & 9)
- Scene Selection
- Web Links - Official Site
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Ken Burns|
|Narrated by||Keith David|
|Screenwriting by||Geoffrey C. Ward & Ken Burns|
|Produced by||Lynn Novick & Ken Burns|
|Director of Photography:||Buddy Squires & Ken Burns|
...Mr. Burns's elegiac thoroughness...is given a big lift by the artfully assembled music....JAZZ is full of dreams.
New York Times
...This epic production surrounds its stories and civic lessons with an almost unquenchable torrent of great music... -- 3 out of 4 stars
For the third part of his American Trilogy--following THE CIVIL WAR and BASEBALL--Ken Burns takes on "that most American of art forms": jazz. The 10-part, 19-hour film begins with the music's roots in post-Civil War New Orleans and concludes roughly a century later. The story focuses not only on the personalities and events that helped define the music but also on the social and cultural climate in which they emerged, making KEN BURNS' JAZZ a film about more than just music.
Ken Burns takes the viewer on a 19-hour visual and aural tour. Find out why jazz was, and may still be, one of the most revolutionary musical--and artistic--expressions around.
Made-For-Network TV | Jazz Instrumental | Jazz Vocal | Jazz | Music | Jazz Vocalists | Jazz Fusion | Jazz Musicians | American History | African American Culture | Jazz Legends
- TELEVISION RELEASE (PBS): JANUARY 2001.
- Ken Burns's thorough exploration of jazz music includes:
- 500 pieces of music
- 75 interviews
- 2400 stills
- more than 2000 films clips...
- The episode/original air date breakdown is as follows:
- 1/8/2001 - GUMBO (BEGINNINGS TO 1917)
1/9/2001 - THE GIFT (1917-1924)
1/10/2001 - OUR LANGUAGE (1924-1928)
1/15/2001 - THE TRUE WELCOME (1929-1935)
1/17/2001 - SWING: PURE PLEASURE (1935-1937)
1/22/2001 - SWING: THE VELOCITY OF CELEBRATION (1927-1939)
1/23/2001 - DEDICATED TO CHAOS (1940-1945)
1/24/2001 - RISK (1945-1955)
1/29/2001 - THE ADVENTURE (1956-1960)
1/31/2001 - A MASTERPIECE BY MIDNIGHT (1961-THE PRESENT)
- Sales Rank: 12,813
- UPC: 841887051255
- Shipping Weight: 1.82/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 10 items
Simon Schama's The American Future - A History (2-DVD)
$6.29 on Sale
NBC News Presents - Merrily We Roll Along: The Early Days...
$17.20 Super Savings
American Experience - The Great San Francisco Earthquake
$16.40 Super Savings
PBS - Destination America: The People and Cultures That...
$20.30 Super Savings