|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$12.10 ENDS TONIGHT|
|You Save:||$2.88 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 35 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 4, 2001
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||John Wesley Shipp, Alexandra Johnes & Kenny Morrison|
|Directed by||George Miller|
|Edited by||Chris Blunden & Peter Hollywood|
|Composition by||Robert Folk|
|Produced by||Dieter Geissler|
|Director of Photography:||David Connell|
Young Bastian and his friends in Fantasia continue their fantastic, philosophical adventure. This time Bastian must battle an evil witch who threatens to destroy the imaginary world that reading books helps create.
This sequel to "The Neverending Story" follows the adventures of schoolboy Bastian and the young warrior Atreyu on their quest to save the enchanted land of Fantasia from destruction. Obstacles along the way include a beautiful but evil enchantress who tempts Bastian with wishes that dull his memory and his powers of imagination -- the weapons he needs to counteract the destructive forces of Nothingness that threaten to wipe out Fantasia. Meanwhile, back at home, Bastian's indifferent father gains new respect for his son as he reads of the boy's heroic journey through the fictional landscape.
- Estimated budget $36 million.
- Filmed at Bavaria Studios in Munich, Germany and on locations in Canada, Argentina, France, and Italy, in Eastmancolor and Panavision.
- Began shooting June 19, 1989; completed shooting October 27, 1989. Released in North America Febuary 8, 1991 with the cartoon short "Box Office Bunny" (the first Bugs Bunny cartoon to be released in theaters in 26 years). Released on video May 29, 1991.
- Funded 50% by Warner Bros. and 50% by Scriba-Deyhle Group.
- Additional technical credits: special effects supervisor (animatronics), Giuseppe Tortora; visual effects photography, Paul Wilson; conceptual artist, Ludwig Angerer.
- The George Miller who directed this film is the one who directed "The Man from Snowy River," not the George Miller who directed "Mad Max." Both directors are Australian.
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Censors.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$2.38 CYBER WEEK
Retro Science Fiction Adventures, Volume 1 (6-DVD Box Set...
$39.98 CYBER WEEK
King Dinosaur 50s Sci-Fi Double Feature - King Dinosaur /... (DVD)
$12.20 CYBER WEEK
Sexpots From Space Double Feature: Voyage To The Planet of... (DVD-R)
The Fabulous Journey to the Center of the Earth (DVD)
$9.40 CYBER WEEK