Fall Out Boy From Under the Cork Tree
Rolling Stone: 3 stars out of 5 - "[T]hanks to a lot of taut grooves and dense hooks, these Chicago kids' near-emo is always kind of charming."
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$8.49|
|You Save:||$5.46 (39% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: May 3, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: Island
Rolling Stone - p.763 stars out of 5 - "[T]hanks to a lot of taut grooves and dense hooks, these Chicago kids' near-emo is always kind of charming."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Of All the Gin Joints in All the World
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Dance, Dance - (remix)
- $0.69 on iTunes4.Sugar, We're Goin Down - (remix)
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner
- $0.99 on iTunes6.I've Got a Dark Alley and a Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song)
- $1.29 on iTunes7.7 Minutes in Heaven (Atavan Halen)
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Sophomore Slump or Comeback of the Year
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Champagne for My Real Friends, Real Pain for My Sham Friends
- $1.29 on iTunes10.I Slept With Someone in Fall Out Boy and All I Got Was This Stupid Song Written About Me
- $1.29 on iTunes11.A Little Less Sixteen Candles Little More "Touch Me"
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying (Do Your Part to Save the Scene and Stop Going to Shows)
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Xo
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Fall Out Boy: Patrick Stump (vocals); Joe Trohman (guitar); Pete Wentz (bass guitar); Andrew Hurley (drums).
Fall Out Boy cooks up an immediately digestible combination of crunching rock, highly melodic songwriting, and expressive singing on 2005's FROM UNDER THE CORK TREE, the Chicago unit's first release on Island, and its most accomplished to date. Building on an instrumental foundation that owes debts to both hardcore (drummer Andy Hurley has a thunderous, bass-drum-heavy approach that gives the band tremendous muscle) and indie rock (guitarist Joe Trohman peels off melodic solos), Fall Out Boy packs quite a sonic punch.
However, it is the group's songcraft that impresses the most. Each of CORK TREE's 13 tracks is rife with pop hooks. From the churning chords and expansive chorus of the opener (cheekily titled "Our Lawyer Made Us Change the Name of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued"), through the brightly up-tempo "Sugar, We're Goin Down," to the minor-key "XO," CORK TREE is overflowing with potential hit singles. Singer/guitarist Patrick Stump's clear tenor and evocative lyrics (which balance confessionalism, metaphor, and witty cleverness) are the icing on this sweet punk-pop cake.
The Nightmare Before Christmas - Special Ed. (2-CD)
$13.60 CD Sale