Rumble in the Bronx
|You Save:||$10.08 (67% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: XRI 04410D
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 22, 1997
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1- English
- Dolby Digital Stereo - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Background Information on the Stars
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Anita Mui & Françoise Yip|
|Directed by||Stanley Tong|
|Edited by||Michael J. Duthie & Peter Cheung|
|Screenwriting by||Edward Tang & Fibe Ma|
|Composition by||J. Peter Robinson|
|Produced by||Barbie Tung|
|Director of Photography:||Jingle Ma|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Don't you know you are the scum of society"' - Keung (Chan) to the group of hoodlums who have just trashed his friend's market.
Rating: 3/4 -- Great action strung together by the weakest of plots. Full Review
A giddy triple somersault of a film that makes no sense whatsoever, although in its best moments it is as much fun to watch as a death-defying circus act.
New York Times
...An enjoyable comedy-actioner....Chan wins his usual stripes for death-defying stunts...
Rating: B- -- Yes, the production values for support acting, dubbing, and photography are marginal, at best. But, the stunts and action sequences are a breath of fresh air when compared to the bloated, hi-tech Hollywood actioners we're seeing. Full Review
...[Jackie Chan] performs showy stunts in brilliantly timed action scenes that have earned him justified comparison with silent comics... -- 3 out of 4 stars
Sight and Sound
Chan's insistence on his own fallibility and vulnerability, taken with virtuoso scenes like the fight involving 101 domestic appliances, shows why he means more to his countless fans than six US action stars put together. Full Review
After years as the biggest star in Asia, Jackie Chan (abetted by his able collaborator director Stanley Tong) took North America by storm in 1996 with RUMBLE IN THE BRONX, the first Hong Kong film to make it to number one at the U.S. box office. Keung (Chan) visits his uncle in the Bronx and ends up helping protect a local grocery store from thugs. A beautiful neighbor's involvement with the gang catapults Keung into even more trouble, and it will take all of his wits--and whiplike kicks--to save himself. The film introduced Chan's original combination of masterful martial arts and goofy comedy to a widespread American audience. As in other Chan movies, blooper scenes run during the credits, showcasing the hilarious and disastrous blunders made during filming and revealing that Chan, who performs all his own stunts, seems willing to take mind-boggling risks to create his distinctive brand of celluloid magic.
A Chinese tourist who goes up against a gang of vicious, motorcycle-riding hoodlums.
- Released theatrically in the USA February 23, 1996. The film grossed $29.2 million domestically.
- A Raymond Chow production.
- Additional cast: Bai Cheun-wai; Garvin Cross; Morgan Lam; Chan Man-ching; Kris Lord; Richard Faraci; Yueh Hua; Jamie Luk; and Ko Hung.
- Additional credits: Lydia Stante and Adelon Papen (assistant directors).
- The film was re-edited and dubbed into English for its American release.
- In Hong Kong, the film earned $7.7 million during the Chinese New Year, and it became the highest-grossing movie of all time in China.
- In English and Cantonese with some subtitles.
- Although set in New York City, the movie was shot mainly in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Copyright 1996 New Line Productions, Inc.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$2.38 Super Savings
Thug City Chronicles, Volume 1: 10-Film Collection (3-DVD)
$4.98 Winter Sale
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (Blu-ray + DVD)
$4.98 Winter Sale
Movies 4 You: Sci-Fi Classics (The Man from Planet X /...
$6.20 Super Savings