Jan & Dean Save For A Rainy Day
Dirty Linen: "...Lushly recorded with mood pieces and little concertos, the songs...capture the glories of 1966 and the dawn of Aquarius rising..."
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$17.10|
|You Save:||$0.88 (5% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: June 21, 1996
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Sundazed Music Inc.
Dirty Linen - 6-7/00, p.67"...Lushly recorded with mood pieces and little concertos, the songs...capture the glories of 1966 and the dawn of Aquarius rising..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Yellow Balloon
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Here Comes The Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Lullably In The Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Taste Of Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Yellow Balloon
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Here Comes The Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Pocket Full Of Rainbows
- $1.29 on iTunes8.When Sunny Gets Blue
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Like A Summer Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Raindrops
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Rain On The Roof
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Cryin' In The Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Taste Of Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Save For A Rainy Day Theme
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Yellow Balloon
- $1.29 on iTunes16.Taste Of Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes17.Rain Clouds Long Gone
- $1.29 on iTunes18.When Sunny Gets Blue
- $1.29 on iTunes19.Pocket Full Of Rainbows
- $1.29 on iTunes20.Rain On The Roof
- $1.29 on iTunes21.Yellow Balloon
- $1.29 on iTunes22.Taste Of Rain
- $1.29 on iTunes23.Save For A Rainy Day Theme
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
SAVE FOR A RAINY DAY, never officially released, is a concept album. Both the original stereo and original mono mixes are included for each track.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Personnel: Jan Berry (vocals); James Burton (guitar); Larry Knechtel (piano, Mellotron, glockenspiel); Joe Osborn (bass guitar); Mickey Jones (drums); Dean Torrence (vocals).
Audio Mixers: Kip Smith; Bob Irwin.
In 1966, Jan Berry was seriously injured in a car accident and did not play music again for years, as covered in the surprisingly fine TV movie, DEAD MAN'S CURVE. Something that film neglected to mention is that Dean Torrance continued recording under the Jan & Dean name for a couple of years before he quit music to start a successful graphic-design company. The only record Torrance released during this period was '67's unexpectedly lovely SAVE FOR A RAINY DAY. The reflective, PET SOUNDS-inspired semi-concept album of sweetly orchestrated sunshine pop was largely produced by Larry Knechtel and future Carpenters cohort Joe Osborn, with help from the likes of Gary Zekley. The single "Yellow Balloon" is the same backing track Zekley had produced for the one-shot band of the same name, with the vocals replaced by Torrance and James Burton. Always a better singer than Berry, Torrance actually sounds more relaxed and engaged here than he did on the earlier hits, and, while it's not as immediate as the duo's hits, SAVE FOR A RAINY DAY is a more-than-credible solo project.
Doo Wop Chartbusters: 200 Original Recordings (10-CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$15.98 CD Sale
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits
$5.98 CD Sale
Top of The Pop Hits - The 60s, Volume 2 (6-CD Box Set /...
$23.49 CD Sale
Ultimate Rock & Roll Classics: 74 Original Hits (3-CD Box... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$9.98 CD Sale
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$5.98 CD Sale
Brilliant Disguise / Lucky Man (Picture Sleeve, Small... TOP 100 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 CD Sale
Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree / Rudolph The Red Nosed... TOP 100 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale
57 Channels (And Nothin' On) / Part Man Part Monkey TOP 100 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale