Barry Manilow Ultimate Manilow
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 5, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Arista
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Mandy
- $0.99 on iTunes2.It's a Miracle
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Could It Be Magic
- $1.29 on iTunes4.I Write the Songs
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Bandstand Boogie
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Tryin' to Get the Feeling Again
- $0.99 on iTunes7.This One's for You
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Weekend in New England
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Looks Like We Made It
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Daybreak
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Can't Smile Without You
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Even Now
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Copacabana (At the Copa)
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Somewhere in the Night
- $0.99 on iTunes15.Ready to Take a Chance Again
- $0.99 on iTunes16.Ships
- $0.99 on iTunes17.I Made It Through the Rain
- $0.99 on iTunes18.The Old Songs
- $0.99 on iTunes19.When October Goes
- $0.99 on iTunes20.Somewhere Down the Road
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Barry Manilow (vocals, arranger, keyboards).
Producers: Barry Manilow, Ron Dante.
Compilation producer: Steve Bartels.
Recorded between 1973 and 1984. Includes liner notes by David Wild.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Liner Note Author: David Wild.
Photographers: Matthew Rolston; Greg Gorman.
Arranger: Barry Manilow.
Barry Manilow's commercial heyday may have been confined from the mid-'70s to early '80s, but the true testament to his unflagging popularity is the fact that this 2002 compilation debuted in the Top 5 of Billboard's Top 200 Albums chart. This 20-pack of classic pop features all of the Brooklyn native's big hits starting with the 1974 chart-topper "Mandy" right through to 1982's "Somewhere Down The Road". Anyone who remotely remembers the '70s will feel like they've stepped into a time machine when they hear radio staples like "It's A Miracle", "Looks Like We Made It", "Can't Smile Without You" and "Copacabana (At The Copa)".
Widely recognized for multiple talents that include formidable musical chops, production skills, and song writing, Manilow's genius can be heard in his use of a Chopin prelude in "Could It Be Magic," and in the melancholy "When October Goes," featuring Johnny Mandel lyrics donated by his widow. Manilow's eye for a great song also found him scoring great chart success with songs written by others including Beach Boy Bruce Johnston's "I Write The Songs" and former Mott The Hoople frontman Ian Hunter's "Ships".
Feeling Good: 100 Fabulous Feel Good Classics (5-CD) NEW
$13.98 ENDS TONIGHT
High School Rock - Teenage Ballads: 200 Original Hits &... (CD) NEW
$15.98 ENDS TONIGHT
There Goes My Everything / Take A Message To Mary (CD)
$5.98 ENDS TONIGHT
Time Alone Will Tell / This Guy's In Love With You (CD)
$5.98 ENDS TONIGHT
There's No Other Like My Baby / Not To Young To Get Married (45)
99¢ ENDS TONIGHT
Songs from World War II: 20 Classic Recordings (CD)
$4.98 ENDS TONIGHT