Neil Diamond Tap Root Manuscript
Rolling Stone: "...a half step at being artistic....The only trouble is, I haven't any idea who would want to listen to it. Certainly not the audience he has..."
|You Save:||$3.49 (29% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-5 business days
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Mca
Rolling Stone - 4/1/71, p.47"...a half step at being artistic....The only trouble is, I haven't any idea who would want to listen to it. Certainly not the audience he has..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Cracklin' Rosie
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Free Life
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Coldwater Morning
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Done Too Soon
- $1.29 on iTunes5.He Ain't Heavy...He's My Brother
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Childsong
- $0.99 on iTunes7.I Am The Lion
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Madrigal
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Soolaimon
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Missa
- $0.99 on iTunes11.African Suite
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Childsong (Reprise)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Neil Diamond (vocals).
Half a straight-ahead pop album and half an exotic song cycle centered on a musical portrait of Africa, TAP ROOT MANUSCRIPT provides prime examples both of Neil Diamond's superlative way with a pop song in the classic "Cracklin' Rosie," and of his ambitious artistic leanings in most of the album's second half. Blending African rhythms and Christian imagery was obviously no problem for this Jewish singer-songwriter from Coney Island, as shown by songs like the LION KING precursor "Soolaimon" and the majestic, gospel-influenced "Missa," while the children's choruses on "Childsong" and "I Am the Lion" are utterly charming.
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on Sale
100 Hits: Lipstick on Your Collar: 100 Teenage Classics Of... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$9.98 on Sale
100 Doo Wop Hits: 100 Original Doo-Wop Classics (4-CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$13.98 on Sale