Billy Ocean Greatest Hits
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Released: October 17, 1989
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Jive
- $0.99 on iTunes1.When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going
- $0.99 on iTunes2.License to Chill
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Loverboy
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Suddenly
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Get Outta My Dreams, Get into My Car
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Love Zone
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Here's to You
- $0.99 on iTunes10.I Sleep Much Better (In Someone Elses Bed)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.The Colour of Love
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Tear Down These Walls
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Mystery Lady
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel includes: Billy Ocean (vocals); The Fresh Prince, Mimi (rap vocals).
Producers: Barry J. Eastmond, Robert John "Mutt" Lange, Keith Diamond, Wayne Brathwaite.
Lyricists: W. Smith; Keith Diamond; Robert John "Mutt" Lange; Teddy Riley; Barry J. Eastmond; Wayne Brathwaite; Billy Ocean.
Personnel: Billy Ocean (vocals).
Audio Mixers: Nigel Green; Bryan New.
Photographer: Andy Earl.
Unknown Contributor Role: Phil Nicholas.
Billy Ocean's Greatest Hits packs nearly all of the singer's charted singles that were on the Jive record label. Ocean scored an impressive run of feel-good Top 40 hits in the mid- to late '80s, including three number one singles, those being the classic post-disco jam "Caribbean Queen," the ballad "There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)," and the high-energy pop ditty "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car." Ocean's Top Ten hits, which all appear here, include the dance-pop of "Loverboy" and "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going" (from Jewel of the Nile), the soft ballad "Suddenly," and the soul nugget "Love Zone." The music was irresistibly pop, with some of these songs ranking as the catchiest, most radio-friendly music the '80s had to offer. The only hits not found on this set are the ballad "Love Is Forever" and Ocean's first major U.S. hit, 1976's "Love Really Hurts Without You." The funky, delightful "License to Chill," a Top 40 hit in its own right, is one of two later tracks on this set. The other is the dreadful "I Sleep Much Better (In Someone Else's Bed)." As a final note, "Loverboy," "When the Going Gets Tough," and "Caribbean Queen" are included in their edited, single versions. ~ Jose F. Promis
Lionel Richie20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best...
Kool & The Gang20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$8.40 Super Savings