The Return of a Man Called Horse
The all-new adventures of the English Lord with the soul of an Indian.
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 2 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 21, 2016
- Originally Released: 1976
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Richard Harris & Gale Sondergaard|
|Performer:||Geoffrey Lewis, William Lucking, Jorge Luke, Claudio Brook, Enrique Lucero & Jorge Russek|
|Directed by||Irvin Kershner|
|Edited by||Michael Kahn|
|Screenwriting by||Jack DeWitt|
|Composition by||Laurence Rosenthal|
|Produced by||Terry O. Morse|
|Director of Photography:||Owen Roizman|
|Executive Production by||Richard Harris & Sandy Howard|
Sequel to the unusual film "A Man Called Horse," which was made entirely from the perspective of the Sioux. Here the Englishman raised by the Sioux becomes fed up with "civilization" and returns to his Indian brothers, only to find they've been decimated by the white men.
In this sequel to "A Man Called Horse," Sir John Morgan, the English aristocrat who was captured and raised by Yellow Hand Sioux, returns to America to lead his adopted Native American family back to sacred lands and to help save them from being exterminated. As before, he must prove himself worthy by going through the flesh-mortifying ritual which he previously had to endure.
- Color by DeLuxe; shot in Panavision.
- Additional cast: Ana De Sade (Moonstar); Pedro Damien (Standing Bear); Humberto Lopey-Pineda (Thin Dog); Patricia Reyes (Grey Thorn); Regino Hererra (Lame Wolf); Rigoberto Rico (Owl); and Alberto Marsical (Red Cloud).
- Additional credits: Joe Zomar (special effects) and Blanche Sands (unit publicist).
- Released theatrically in the USA June 28, 1976.