U2 The Best of 1990-2000
Rolling Stone: 4 stars out of 5 - "...The result feels surprisingly coherent, both familiar and fresh..."
|You Save:||$0.35 (3% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 12, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Interscope Records
Rolling Stone - 11/28/02, p.944 stars out of 5 - "...The result feels surprisingly coherent, both familiar and fresh..."
Spin - 12/02, pp.44-68 out of 10 - "...It's an accurate summary of the band's '90s output..."
Entertainment Weekly - 11/8/02, p.107"...U2 issued enough alternative material in the 90's to make this two-CD set worth considering..." - Rating: B-
Q - 12/02, p.69Included in Q Magazine's "The 50 Best Albums of 2002."
Q - 12/02, p.1314 out of 5 - "...There are two new tracks. Complex, sprawling and fascinating. 'Electrical Storm' swells with every hearing..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 12/02, p.124"...What this collection reveals, ultimately, is that U2 are the sum of their constituent parts....It's the non-muso element to all this that makes U2 such a human group..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Even Better Than the Real Thing
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Mysterious Ways
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Beautiful Day
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Electrical Storm - (William Orbit Mix, previously unreleased, new song)
- $1.29 on iTunes5.One
- $1.29 on iTunes6.Miss Sarajevo
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Gone - (New Mix)
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Until the End of the World
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Hands That Built America, The - (previously unreleased, new song, from "Gangs Of New York")
- $0.99 on iTunes12.DiscothŠque - (New Mix)
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
- $1.29 on iTunes14.Staring at the Sun - (New Mix)
- $1.29 on iTunes15.Numb - (New Mix)
- $0.99 on iTunes16.The First Time
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
U2: The Edge (vocals, guitar, keyboards); Bono (vocals, guitar); Adam Clayton (bass); Larry Mullen (drums, percussion).
Producers include: Steve Lillywhite, Brian Eno, Daniel Lanois, William Orbit, U2.
Recorded between 1990 & 2000.
Personnel: Bono (vocals, guitar, synthesizer, background vocals); Daniel Lanois (guitar, percussion, background vocals); Rosie Nic Athlaioch (strings); Paul Barrett (brass); Brian Eno (piano, harmonium, keyboards, synthesizer, programming, sound effects); Marius de Vries (keyboards, programming); Steve Osborne, William Orbit (keyboards); Adam Clayton (bass guitar); Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums, percussion); Iain Roberton, Rico Conning, Ben Hillier, Jake Davies (programming); Howie B (loops, turntables).
Audio Mixers: Daniel Lanois ; Joe Chiccarelli; Mike Hedges; Robbie Adams; Steve Lillywhite; Tim Palmer; William Orbit; Jeremy Wheatley.
Recording information: HQ, Dublin, Ireland; Nice, France; The Leonard Hotel, London, England.
Photographer: Anton Corbijn.
The decade of the 1990's was an era of transition for the legendary quartet from Dublin known to the world as U2. An earlier (and more serious) body of work gave way to albums such as POP and ZOOROPA, which radiated the band's positivity and energy in a more lighthearted fashion. THE BEST OF 1990-2000 culls the benchmark tracks from the band's studio albums ("One," "The First Time," "Beautiful Day"), as well as key movie soundtrack cuts ("Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me," "Miss Sarajevo").
While some diehards cooled their passion for the band in the height of their glitz and glamour, experiencing "Stay (Faraway, So Close)" shows the band stripped down to perfection in their most basic and graceful state. THE BEST OF goes even further, luring collectors with new tracks ("Electrical Storm," "The Hands That Built America") as well as new mixes of "Numb" and "Discotheque."
The Rolling Stones - Rock of Ages / U2: Rock Crusade (DVD) NEW
$7.98 on SALE
The 25th Anniversary Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concerts... (DVD)
$34.60 Super Savings