|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: G
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 23, 2003
- Originally Released: 1995
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - Spanish
- DTS Surround 5.1 - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Making Of
- Audio Commentary: George Miller - Producer
- Interactive Features:
- Interactive Games
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Chris Noonan|
|Narrated by||Roscoe Lee Browne|
|Screenwriting by||George Miller|
|Screenplay by||Chris Noonan & George Miller|
|Composition by||Nigel Westlake|
|Produced by||Bill Miller & George Miller|
|Voice:||Christine Cavanaugh, Hugo Weaving, Miriam Margolyes, Danny Mann & Miriam Flynn|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Christmas means carnage!"
- Ferdinand, the duck (voice of DANNY MANN)
Academy Awards 1996 - Best Visual Effects
Much to my surprise, I found Babe charming in an eccentric, oddly tough-minded sort of way. And if it isn't quite good enough to change my mind about the entire critter-chat genre, it is certainly good enough to recommend. Full Review
...Carefree and light on its feet....If only people would be more like these animals, the world, though hardly saner, would certainly be a lot more fun...
Los Angeles Times
The plot provides a worthy lesson for kids, but it plays out like George Orwell's Animal Farm as retold by Barney. Kinda weird. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/4 -- Thanks to well-trained live animals, clever voice characterizations and a big dash of muppetry from Henson's Creature Shop, Babe and his barnyard friends not only walk the walk and trot the trot, they also talk the talk. Full Review
New York Daily News
He's brave and bright, good-natured and ambitious, naive and vulnerable. All in all, he's probably the most winsome orphan to appear on the screen since Freddie Bartholomew impersonated David Copperfield 60 years ago. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/4 -- Here's the summer's sleeper for kids and their parents, a terrific picture that takes a lot of risks and makes them all pay off in a charming story about a pig who fancies himself a sheepdog -- or sheep-pig. Full Review
Rating: 4/4 -- Babe is not, strictly speaking, a kid's movie. It is a preposterously funny fable that strikes a chord with adults, too. Full Review
A little pig with big dreams teaches himself to be a sheepdog in this marvelous fantasy based on Dick King-Smith's children's novel "The Sheep-Pig." When an old farmer wins a piglet at a carnival by guessing its weight, be brings the oinker, named Babe, home. At first, the little animal feels confused and lonely. But a maternal collie, who just delivered her own litter, welcomes Babe into her family, and teaches him about farm life. Soon the precious pig proves that he can be a pretty valuable asset to the farmer and his wife--in a most unexpected way. Special effects allow the entire menagerie of farm animals to speak throughout this magical live-action tale.
Adventure | Classic | Fantasy | Personal Triumph | Animals | Animal Heroes | Recommended | Bucolic | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- The film won the 1995 Academy Award for Best Visual Effects.
- Released theatrically in the USA August 4, 1995, and had an opening weekend box office gross of $8.7 million.
- A Kennedy Miller production.
- Color by Atlab color. Sound in DTS.
- Animatronic characters by Jim Henson's Creature Shop. Animal action directed by Karl Lewis Miller.
- Additional credits: Simon Warnock, Michael Bau, Geoffrey Guiffre (assistant directors); Ken Arlidge (additional unit director of photography); Carolyn Tyrer (makeup/hair).
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Sales Rank: 66,512
- UPC: 025192297229
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Movies 4 You: Sci-Fi Classics (The Man from Planet X /...
$6.20 Super Savings
Dick Tracy Collection (Dick Tracy Detective / Dick Tracy...
$4.98 on Sale
Herbie Rides Again / Herbie Goes To Monte Carlo (2-DVD)
$12 Super Savings