Dances with Wolves (Blu-ray)
Inside everyone is a frontier waiting to be discovered.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.80 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.18 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 3 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 11, 2011
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: MGM
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Disc 1:
- Audio commentary with Kevin Costner and producer Jim Wilson
- Audio commentary with director of photography Dean Semler and film editor Neil Travis
- 2 exclusive Blu-ray in-feature experiences:
- Military Rank and Social Hierachy Guide and Real History or Movie Make-Believe'
- Disc 2:
- A Day in the Life on the Western Frontier
- Original Making-of Dances With Wolves
- The Creation of an Epic: a retrospective documentary
- Dances photo montage with introduction by photographer Bill Glass
- Original theatrical trailer
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS HD Master Audio - English
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Kevin Costner & Mary McDonnell|
|Performer:||Graham Greene, Robert Pastorelli, Rodney A. Grant, Floyd 'Red Crow' Westerman & Wes Studi|
|Directed by||Kevin Costner|
|Edited by||Neil Travis|
|Screenwriting by||Michael Blake|
|Composition by||John Barry|
|Produced by||Kevin Costner & Jim Wilson|
|Director of Photography:||Dean Semler|
|Executive Production by||Jake Eberts|
Academy Awards 1990 - Best Adapted Screenplay: Michael Blake
Academy Awards 1990 - Best Cinematography: Dean Semler
Academy Awards 1990 - Best Director: Kevin Costner
Academy Awards 1990 - Best Original Score: John Barry
Academy Awards 1990 - Best Picture
...The film is heartfelt and engrossing....DANCES WITH WOLVES is an epic that breathes. And it's a beauty...
Rating: 3/5 -- A slow-moving but well-acted western. Full Review
Rating: 2/4 -- The important issues raised by the film- centered on the cultural, racial and moral struggle that took place on the American frontier-are glossed over in favor of a juvenile fantasy of male bonding around the campfire. Full Review
...[With] fantastic photography....Genuinely epic in scope...
Rich characterisations are balanced by awesome widescreen backdrops.
It's still a wonderful time at the movies by turns, a grand adventure, a great inspiration, and a missing chapter In what it means to be human. Full Review
Santa Cruz Sentinel
It's an engrossing tale, and Costner directs with the confidence of a Hollywood veteran well aware that entertainment comes before earnestness. Full Review
Actor Kevin Costner made his debut behind the camera--and won an Oscar for Best Director--with this celebrated epic. In 1865, Civil War hero Lt. John Dunbar (Costner) asks to be reassigned to the western frontier before it disappears. At his isolated post he develops a relationship with the peaceful Lakota Sioux and a white woman (an excellent, Oscar-nominated Mary McDonnell) who lives among them, finding greater kinship with them than with his own people. But his life with the Sioux is threatened when the Army appears, and Dunbar must decide where his loyalties truly lie. Co-starring Graham Greene, DANCES WITH WOLVES boasts seven Academy Award wins and another five nominations.
- Directorial debut for Kevin Costner.
- Won Best Picture and Best Director by the National Board of Review.
- Box office gross was more than $175 million.
- Filmed in South Dakota.
- Copyright 1990 Tig Productions, Inc.
- Sales Rank: 2,115
- UPC: 883904221784
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items