Robinson Crusoe on Mars
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$34.50 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$5.45 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: September 30, 2007
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: Criterion Collection
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Featurette: "Destination: Mars"
- Music Video: "Robinson Crusoe on Mars" - Victor Lundin
- Audio Commentary: Ib Melchior - Screenwriter; Paul Mantee, Victor Lundin - Stars; Al Nozaki; Rober Skotak
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Screenplay - Snippets
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Byron Haskin|
Rating: 52/100 -- Almost distractingly, faithful to the original novel despite its radically different setting, the film is a pleasure mostly because of its vivid Technicolor backdrops. Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- Better than expected, and it features brief appearance by the future Batman.
Rating: 4/5 -- Como em tantas ficções B, a Ciência da história é risível; porém, o longa funciona ao desenvolver bem a relação (com contexto homossexual e tudo mais) entre os personagens.
Cinema em Cena
Rating: 7/10 -- About as good as any sci-fi adventure film of that generation. Full Review
Antagony & Ecstasy
The crucial link between The Ten Commandments and 2001: A Space Odyssey Full Review
Rating: 8/10 -- Dated on many levels, but the film represents a fascinating slice of scientific history. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/5 -- The real Mars may be nothing like it appears in this movie, but it sure does make you want to visit anyway.
An entertaining interpretation of the classic Defoe story about an astronaut and his monkey.
In this innovative retelling of Daniel Defoe's classic, the intrepid adventurer is a marooned astronaut who crash lands on Mars with his pet monkey in tow. He meets a runaway slave from an exotic planet, and the three use all their ingenuity and resources available to stay alive.
Aliens | Science-Fiction | Space Exploration | Animals | Animal Heroes | Recommended | Stranded / Castaway | Theatrical Release
- Shot in Technicolor and Techniscope, in Death Valley, California.
- Technical adviser was Edward V. Ashburn.
- Film was originally released June 17, 1964 in Rhode Island; wide release in New York City August 27, 1964.
- Barney the Wooly Monkey played Mona.
- The Voyager Laserdisc #CC1336L includes original promotional artwork, the theatrical trailer, and audio commentary on the alternate track.
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 10 Bestseller
$2.98 on Sale
Grindhouse Double Shock Show: The Brain Machine (1976) /...
$5.95 on Sale