Dazed and Confused
See it with a bud.
|SPRING SALE:||$7.18 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$7.80 (52% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Video: Color
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Universal
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Jason London, Wiley Wiggins & Matthew McConaughey|
|Performer:||Sasha Jensen, Rory Cochrane, Joey Lauren Adams, Parker Posey, Sasha Jenson, Adam Goldberg, Anthony Rapp, Michelle Burke, Marissa Ribisi, Shawn Andrews, Cole Hauser, Milla Jovovich, Christin Hinojosa, Jason O. Smith, Deena Martin, Nicky Katt, Catherine Morris, Esteban Powell, Jeremy Fox, Mark Vandermeulen & Ben Affleck|
|Directed by||Richard Linklater|
|Edited by||Sandra Adair|
|Screenwriting by||Richard Linklater|
|Produced by||Sean Daniel, Anne Walker-McBay & James Jacks|
|Director of Photography:||Lee Daniel|
Manages to not only unfold in to a fun narrative, but also builds a myriad fascinating characters you'll either love or hate... Full Review
...This is a good film...
...DAZED AND CONFUSED unfolds in a loose, natural style that suits its teenage characters....Enjoyably playful spirit...
New York Times
It is a nostalgia film and a coming-of-age film. In some ways, it is every Bildungsroman and in some ways, it is like no other. Full Review
Very little actually happens but - like life - it's not always the events that define a time but the characters in it. And ''Dazed and Confused'' is bursting with wonderfully drawn and completely credible characters. Full Review
Ranked #9 in Entertainment Weekly's 10 Favorite Films of the '90s - ...The freest, most graceful comedy of American teenage life ever made...
Rating: C -- Has the look and spirit of the time down pat. Unfortunately it captures only the worst of the typical misogynistic, foul mouthed druggie losers of the period. Full Review
Spectrum (St. George, Utah)
Richard Linklater's DAZED AND CONFUSED takes a hysterical, nostalgic cross-clique look at high school social development. On the last day of school in May 1976, students at a suburban Texas high school wait, lackadaisically, for classes to end. The restless almost-seniors--an eclectic group of stone-heads, fraternal jocks, and snobby sorority girls--can't wait to haze the incoming freshman, an annual event as harrowing for freshman boys as it is humiliating for girls. Amidst this teenage wasteland of drugs, partying, and rock and roll is football star Pink (Jason London), who saves scrawny pre-frosh Mitch (Wiley Wiggins) from being paddled to oblivion by upper-classmates. But Pink has his own battles: he's struggling over the head coach's demand that football players sign a pledge to abstain from sex and all psychoactive substances. When a wild end-of-the-year party is cancelled, the students end up congregating at a beer-blast in the back woods, organized by aging hang-about Wooderson (Matthew McConaughey). In the same way that George Lucas assembled a cast of fresh young faces for AMERICAN GRAFFITI, Linklater here creates an unforgettable cast of characters that are immediately familiar to anyone who has ever been through high school.
- Theatrical Release: September 23, 1993.
- The movie was filmed on location in Texas, with the cast and crew living in a hotel.
- Linklater's 1991 directorial debut film, SLACKER, is similar to DAZED AND CONFUSED in its examination of adolescent nonconformity. The film pays homage to earlier teen angst films. Direct allusions are made to CARRIE and AMERICAN GRAFFITI, the latter of which seems to have served as a thematic and artistic template for DAZED AND CONFUSED.
- According the Wall Street Journal, the Hollywood studio had to pull advertisements for the film because drug references violated Motion Picture Association of America's guidelines. Gramercy Pictures president Russell Schwartz claims the MPAA has cracked down on films that are drug related.
- The early marketing campaign for DAZED AND CONFUSED included suggestive slogans: "See It with a Bud," and "The Film Everybody's Toking About." But the MPAA's objections were directed at the line: "Finally! A Movie for Everyone Who DID Inhale," a satirical comment on Bill Clinton's infamous line about youthful marijuana smoking.
DAZED AND CONFUSED cost approximately $6 million dollars to produce and was given the same name as a 1969 Led Zeppelin song.
- Renee Zellwegger appears uncredited as a high school student who attracts the attention of Wooderson (Matthew McConaughey).
- "Martha Washington was a hip, hip, hip, hip lady..."--Slater (Rory Cochrane)
- "That's what I love about high school girls: I get older, they stay the same age."--Wooderson
- "That's what I'm talkin' about!"--Slater
- Sales Rank: 24,498
- UPC: 025192365386
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
March of the Wooden Soldiers (Includes Colorized and B&W...
$4.98 Spring Sale
Redneck Zombies (20th Anniversary Ed.) (DVD + CD Soundtrack) TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 Spring Sale
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... TOP 10 Bestseller
$5.95 Spring Sale
Titanic: 100 Years Below (DVD + CD + Book + Memorabilia) TOP 10 Bestseller
$6.38 Spring Sale
Sexpots From Space Double Feature: Voyage To The Planet of... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$5.95 Spring Sale
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up... TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$2.38 Spring Sale
WWI - 100th Anniversary Collection: 20 Documentaries (6-DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$4.98 Spring Sale