Gettysburg (Director's Cut) (Blu-ray)
Same Land. Same God. Different Dreams.
|You Save:||$0.27 (2% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
item number: J43X
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 4 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 15, 2011
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by Director/Screenwriter Ronald F. Maxwell, Cinematographer Kees Von Oostrum, Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author James M. McPherson and Military Historian Craig Symonds
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Tom Berenger & Jeff Daniels|
|Performer:||Martin Sheen, Maxwell Caulfield, Kevin Conway, C. Thomas Howell, Richard Jordan, James Lancaster, Stephen Lang & Sam Elliott|
|Directed by||Ronald F. Maxwell|
Rating: 5/5 -- Awesome telling of Civil War battle with stellar cast, set pieces.
It's a movie that parades authenticity, but never settles on its own point of view. Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- Ought to be seen for Jeff Daniels' performance alone.
Northwest Herald (Crystal Lake, IL)
...This is a film that Civil War buffs will find indispensable...
Rating: 3.5/4 -- Wins the day by giving a detailed account of the three-day battle (for the first time in a feature film), shot on the actual locations where the events took place. [Blu-ray] Full Review
...GETTYSBURG succeeds as a motion picture event, and as a recreation of a pivotal chapter of American history...
While sincerity obviously can't guarantee quality, it's still a refreshing step up from the blatant commercialism of most West Coast media projects. Full Review
The TNT original GETTYSBURG is a sweeping production depicting the events that led up to the Battle of Gettysburg and the three-day battle itself, which claimed tens of thousands of lives, turned the tide of the Civil War, and eventually put an end to slavery in the United States. An excellent production illuminating the horrors and heroes of this uniquely idealistic war, the film boasts terrific performances from Jeff Daniels, Tom Berenger, and Martin Sheen. The screenplay was based on the best-selling novel THE KILLER ANGELS by Michael Shaara.
GETTYSBURG captures in vivid detail one of the most famous battles of the Civil War, in which more than 50,000 American lives were lost. Covering three days of brutal military campaigns, the film re-creates the world in which Robert E. Lee, James Longstreet, Lewis Armistead, and others made their tactical decisions and demonstrated their leadership.
Special attention is paid to historical accuracy in costumes, epic battle scenes, and weaponry. The film alternates between Northern and Southern perspectives in order to deliver a full picture of the battle that changed American history.
- Michael Shaara's source novel, THE KILLER ANGELS, earned the Pulitzer Prize. Michael's son Jeff finished the Civil War trilogy with the publication of his GODS AND GENERALS and THE LAST FULL MEASURE.
Gone with the Wind (70th Anniversary Ed.) (Blu-ray)
$9.80 Super Savings