Blue Chip Orchestra Red Sky Beat
- Released: February 1, 2011
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Hearts Of Space
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Ate Heye lo!
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Skan the Sky
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Ashes Cold and White
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Ite
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Buffalo Trail
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Haawi the Moon
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Maka the Earth
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Okaga and Whope
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Tate the Wiad
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Inyan the Rock
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Producers: Hubert Bognermayr, Harald Zuschrader.
Includes liner notes by Christian Salvesen and Ieva Gaidulis.
Liner Note Author: Christian Salvesen.
Ensemble: Red Spirit Ensemble.
Unknown Contributor Role: Joseph Jacobs.
Arrangers: Harald Zuschrader; Hubert Bognermayr.
Characterization and ethnic musical setting of Dakota Indiana cosmological beliefs is a stunning and enchanting theme to this album from Austria's Blue Chip Orchestra. Red Sky Beat is a musical wax museum with Native American deities presented in situ through the sonic diorama of otherworldly chanting, subtly lit into life by ethereal synth beats with guitar, keyboards, and percussion. One half of the creating duo, computer composer Hubert Bognermayr, comes from a symphonic rock background (as head of 1970s Austrian group Eela Craig) and the other, multi-instrumentalist and sound engineer Harald Zuschader, is his partner from that beginning. The grand design and experimentalism of art rock is woven through Red Sky Beat but tempered into delicate and subtle beauty by the economic and considerate principles of ambient electronica. The result is big tranquility, serene beat music. This journey to indigenous people's primal spirit world is curated with the subtle care of electronic frame drum accompanying an elder's holy vocalizations, birdsong lucidly rising from synthesized wooden flutes. ~ Tom Schulte
- UPC: 025041108928
- Shipping Weight: 0.21/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item