The Buccaneer (1958)
Piercing Drama of La Fitte - Man or Devil ?
|You Save:||$3.75 (15% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- 1.37:1 ASPECT RATIO (FULL SCREEN)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 28, 2012
- Originally Released: 1958
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Charlton Heston, Claire Bloom, Charles Boyer, Inger Stevens, Henry Hull, E.G. Marshall, Lorne Greene, Fran Jeffries & Woody Strode|
|Directed by||Anthony Quinn|
|Edited by||Archie Marshek|
|Screenwriting by||Jesse Lasky, Jr. & Bernice Mosk|
|Composition by||Elmer Bernstein|
|Cinematography by||Loyal Griggs|
|Produced by||Henry Wilcoxon|
Swashbuckling historical adventure about the escapades of pirate Jean Lafitte and his relationship with American President Andrew Jackson during the War of 1812 and how Lafitte came to the rescue of America's fighting forces. Remake of the 1938 film by Cecil B. DeMille, who narrates the forward to this version. Directorial debut for actor Anthony Quinn, married at the time to Katherine DeMille, Cecil's daughter.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in VistaVistion.
- Budget approximately $6 million.
- Additional cast: Frank Jeffries, Ken Miller, George Matthews, Steve Marlo, James Todd, Stephen Chase, James Seay.
- Additional credits: Captain A.T. Ostrander was the technical advisor, Richard Mueller was the Technicolor consultant, Gladys Percey and Elizabeth Higgason did the research, Pamela Danova was the dialogue supervisor and Arthur Rosson was the unit director.