Maria Muldaur Yes We Can!
Record Collector (magazine): 4 stars out of 5 -- "A grower, the album plugs into the energy of her earlier works and is a startling artistic left turn for Muldaur."
|You Save:||$13 (72% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 29, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Telarc
Dirty Linen - pp.58-59"Muldaur's voice has taken on a road-weary huskiness that suits the music well, reminiscent of the gospel strains of Mavis Staples, that lend an authority missing in her previous work."
Record Collector (magazine) - p.1024 stars out of 5 -- "A grower, the album plugs into the energy of her earlier works and is a startling artistic left turn for Muldaur."
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Make a Better World
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Inner City Blues (Makes Me Wanna Holler)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Yes We Can, Can - (featuring Linda Tillery / Bonnie Raitt)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.John Brown
- $0.99 on iTunes5.This Old World
- $0.99 on iTunes6.War
- $0.99 on iTunes7.We Shall Be Free - (featuring Holly Near / Odetta / Joan Baez)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.License to Kill
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Masters of War
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Why Can't We Live Together
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Pray for the USA - (featuring Phoebe Snow)
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Down by the Riverside - (featuring Jane Fonda / Odetta)
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Everyone in the World
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Maria Muldaur (vocals, fiddle); Jean Shinoda Bolen, Anne Lamott, Marianne Williamson, Holly Near, Kimberly Bass, Jane Fonda, Jenni Muldaur, Linda Tillery, Joan Baez, Phoebe Snow, Bonnie Raitt (vocals); Shane Theriot (guitar, slide guitar); Joel Jaffe (slide guitar, lap steel guitar); Eric Thompson (banjo); Suzy Thompson (fiddle); David Torkanowsky (keyboards); James "Hutch" Hutchinson (bass guitar); Tony Braunagel (drums, percussion).
Audio Mixer: Joel Jaffe.
Liner Note Authors: Mindy Giles; Maria Muldaur.
Recording information: Palmyra Studios, Palmer, TX; Rythmatic Studios, NY; Studio D Recording, Inc., Sausalito, CA.
Photographer: Alan Mercer.
Arranger: David Torkanowsky.
Her voice has deepened a bit from the days of her 1970s hits like "Midnight at the Oasis," but, 30 years down the road, Maria Muldaur's sound is as rich and soulful as ever. This 2008 release, featuring the Women's Voice for Peace Choir, centers on the themes of saving the environment, ending international conflicts, and living peacefully. The track list balances protest chestnuts (Edwin Starr's "War," Bob Dylan's "Masters of War") with stirring and uplifting hymns of hope (Allen Toussaint's rousing title track, Garth Brooks's "We Shall Be Free"), and includes appearances by some unlikely background singers: self-help gurus Marianne Williamson and Amma, actor Jane Fonda, and writers Anne Lamott and Jean Shinoda Bolen, as well as folk singers Holly Near and Joan Baez.
Animal Crackers in My Soup: The Songs of Shirley Temple (CD) NEW
$4.98 on SALE
The Classic Rhythm + Blues Collection: Heroes and Legends (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) TOP 100 Bestseller
$4.98 on SALE