Camelot (Blu-ray + CD)
Relive the songs. Relive the romance. Relive the music. Relive the drama. Relive the magic.
|You Save:||$2.49 (7% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 3 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: April 24, 2012
- Originally Released: 1967
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region [unknown]
- Note: The Story of Camelot
- The World Premiere of Camelot
- Camelot: Falling Kingdoms
- Commentary by Stephen Farber
- 5 Theatrical Trailers
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.39
- Dolby Digital 5.1
- DTS HD Master Audio
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Vanessa Redgrave & Richard Harris|
|Performer:||David Hemmings, Franco Nero, Lionel Jeffries, Laurence Naismith, Estelle Winwood, Garry Marsh, Anthony Rogers & Pierre Olaf|
|Directed by||Joshua Logan|
|Edited by||Folmar Blangsted|
|Screenwriting by||Alan Jay Lerner|
|Composition by||Frederick Loewe|
|Cinematography by||Richard H. Kline|
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Adapted or Musical Song/Score: Alfred Newman & Ken Darby
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Art Direction - Set Decoration
Academy Awards 1967 - Best Costume Design
The Lerner and Loewe musical about the legendary Court of King Arthur based on T.H. White's book The Once and Future King. The film is not as good as the show or the book, despite a big budget and big cast. Academy Award Nominations: 5. Academy Awards: 3, including Best (Adapted) Score, Best Costume Design.
Adaptation of the Lerner and Loewe stage musical about the rise and fall of King Arthur and the court of Camelot. Destined to rule England, the noble Arthur builds a magical and benevolent kingdom with the assistance of the Knights of the Round Table, only to be toppled by the machinations of the conniving Mordred and by the betrayal of his beloved wife Guenevere and her lover Lancelot.
Medieval | Romance | Betrayal | Love Triangle | Recommended | Infidelity | Legends | Theatrical Release
- The Warner Bros. laserdisc edition of the film (catalog #12238) includes 28 minutes of footage cut from the original theatrical release.
- All songs by Alan J. Lerner and Frederick Loewe:
"I Wonder What the King Is Doing Tonight"
"The Simple Joys of Maidenhood"
"The Lusty Month of May"
"How to Handle a Woman"
"Then You May Take Me to the Fair"
"If Ever I Would Leave You"
"What Do the Simple Folk Do'"
"I Loved You Once in Silence"
- Additional cast: Pierre Olaf (Dap); Gary Marsh (Tom of Warwick); Sue Casey (Lady Sybil); Peter Bromilow (Sir Sagramore); and Gary Marshal (Sir Lionel).
- DVD Features:
Alternate Music-Only Audio Track (5.1)
- Sales Rank: 106,025
- UPC: 883929219902
- Shipping Weight: 0.50/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 2 items