Fleetwood Mac Classic Albums: Rumours
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 15 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 22, 2005
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Eagle Rock Ent
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||David Heffernan|
|Music Performer:||Fleetwood Mac|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fleetwood Mac had been in existence for over a decade by the time of Rumours. In 1974, after several changes of personnel, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie and Christine McVie were joined by Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks. The stage was set for a new chapter in the band's career. However, by 1977, when Rumours was recorded, John and Christine McVie were separating, and Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham's relationship was also breaking up. This was the album that almost never made it!
This is the definitive story of the making of Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, an album that has truly earned its place in the pantheon of rock music history. Including a specially recorded version of Christine McVie's haunting "Songbird," and Lindsey Buckingham playing a wonderful new acoustic version of "Never Going Back," you can see why Rumours is a truly classic album.
- Band personnel: Lindsey Buckingham (vocals, guitar); Christine McVie (vocals, keyboards); Stevie Nicks (vocals); John McVie (bass); Mick Fleetwood (drums).
- RUMOURS was principally recorded at The Recort Plant & Wally Heider Recording Studios, Los Angeles, California; Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida; and Davlen Recording Studio, North Hollywood, California.
- RUMOURS was ranked #4 in Rolling Stone's "Women In Rock: The 50 Essential Albums" in October of 2002, one of Q Magazine's "100 Greatest Albums Ever" in January of 2003, and one of Vibe Magazine's 100 Essential Albums of the 20th Century in December of 1999.