|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.80 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.17 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 11 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 31, 2006
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Blue BD Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.40
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Surround Sound 2.0 - French (Quebec), Latin Spanish
- Subtitles - English SDH, English, French, Spanish - Optional
- Closed Captioned - English - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers - 1. Theatrical Trailer
- Commentaries - 1. Richard Schickel - Biographer of Clint Eastwood
- MAVERICK Episode: "Duel at Sundown"
- a. "All on Accounta Pullin' a Trigger"
- b. "Eastwood & Co.: Making UNFORGIVEN"
- c. "Eastwood...A Star"
- d. "Eastwood on Eastwood"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman & Richard Harris|
|Performer:||Saul Rubinek, Frances Fisher, Jaimz Woolvett, Anna Thomson, Lochlyn Munro & Ron White|
|Directed by||Clint Eastwood|
|Edited by||Joel Cox|
|Screenwriting by||David Webb Peoples|
|Composition by||Lennie Niehaus|
|Produced by||Clint Eastwood|
|Director of Photography:||Jack N. Green|
|Executive Production by||David Valdes|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I ain't like that no more."
- Bill Munny (Clint Eastwood)
Academy Awards 1992 - Best Director: Clint Eastwood
Academy Awards 1992 - Best Picture
Academy Awards 1992 - Best Supporting Actor: Gene Hackman
...Engaging....Enjoy it for the handsome wide-screen vistas, the interplay of the actors, the classical sweep of its story line...
"Unforgiven" is a high-caliber movie, a gripping and haunting work of art that should finally establish Eastwood as one of America's best directors. Full Review
New York Daily News
While not a pretty picture... Unforgiven is a magnificently realized work. In addition to Eastwood's fine, rough performance, Hackman and Freeman stand out. Full Review
Unforgiven is a stark western in slow motion, obsessed with reflection, not action. Full Review
...Time has been good to Clint Eastwood....The cast is splendid...
New York Times
Rating: 4/5 -- It's not a movie for kids, but it's a fine movie for any adult who doesn't mind thinking a little after the hot lead has flown. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/5 -- Impressive, laconic, revisionist western. Full Review
In Clint Eastwood's acclaimed Western, Little Bill Daggett (Gene Hackman), a sadistic, dictatorial sheriff, enforces gun control on a tiny frontier town, doling out his own brand of due process as he sees fit. When he denies justice to the prostitutes of the town brothel, one of whom has been slashed by a client, the women hire Bill Munny (Eastwood), a reformed gunslinger, to gain vengeance. However, Munny must contend with his new moral code in the face of revisiting the life he left behind. Eastwood's directorial masterpiece also stars Morgan Freeman and Richard Harris.
Clint Eastwood's tenth western and sixteenth directorial effort explores the darker side of the myths of the old west. When retired gunslinger Bill Munny accepts a $500 offer to shoot two men who viciously knifed a prostitute, he discovers just how difficult it is to escape his past as a notorious outlaw.
- Filmed in Brooks, Drumheller, Stettler, and Longview, Alberta, Canada, and Sonora California. Shot in Panavision using Technicolor.
- Eastwood dedicated UNFORGIVEN "to Sergio [Leone] and Don [Siegel]," two directors who served as his most important mentors.
- Released theatrically in the USA August 7, 1992.
- Named to the "Top Ten" lists of 243 film critics.
- Available to buy in the UK (widescreen version).
- Clint Eastwood was awarded the Irving Thalberg Memorial Award at the March 27, 1995, Academy Award Ceremonies. It was presented to him by Arnold Schwarzenegger.
- Sales Rank: 22,398
- UPC: 085391108115
- Shipping Weight: 0.13/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item