|You Save:||$1 (10% Off)|
- Letterbox and Full Screen
- Theatrical Trailer
- Collectible Booklet
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 55 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 29, 2000
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: MGM (Video & DVD)
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital Mono - French
- Dolby Digital Mono - Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Additional Products:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gene Hackman, Barbara Hershey & Dennis Hopper|
|Performer:||David Neidorf, Sheb Wooley & Chelcie Ross|
|Directed by||David Anspaugh|
|Edited by||C. Timothy O'Meara|
|Screenwriting by||Angelo Pizzo|
|Composition by||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Produced by||Carter DeHaven & Angelo Pizzo|
|Director of Photography:||Fred Murphy|
|Executive Production by||John Daly & Derek Gibson|
"...Irresistible....HOOSIERS is about as sweetly unself-conscious as a film can be..."
"...HOOSIERS is an involving tale....[The] lensing is excellent....[The] score is engaging and uncharacteristically throbbing..."
"...It's as engaging, as modest, as utterly American and as thrilling as the true-life story it's based on..."
"...There's lots to like..."
"Immensely enjoyable....For those viewers who have dreamed of sinking that last big shot, or get misty-eye when their favorite team wins it all, HOOSIERS will look like a masterpiece."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Hackman is Norman Dale, a basketball coach whose checkered past has led him to a last-chance position with a last-chance team. Made to feel unwelcome by squad members, an icy fellow teacher (Hershey) and townspeople who nearly have him fired, Dale perseveres with a gritty demeanor and an unwavering passion for the game. But winning over the team is only half the battle in a world where small-town teams can end up playing big-time rivals ... and a downtrodden outsider can rouse the pride of an entire county. As "a well-made slice of Americana" (Leonard Maltin), Hoosiers "scores big" (Washington Post)!
- Shot in CFI color.
- Additional cast: Fern Persons (Opal Fleener), Brad Boyle (Whit), Steve Hollar (Rade), Brad Long (Buddy), Kent Poole (Merle), Wade Schenck (Ollie), Scott Summers (Strap), and Maris Valainis (Jimmy).