Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: June 30, 2009
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Snap Case
- Director's Cut
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Stereo - English
- Additional Release Material:
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Interactive Features:
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus
- Trivia Game
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Mel Gibson, Danny Glover & Gary Busey|
|Performer:||Tom Atkins, Ebonie Smith, Damon Hines, Mitchell Ryan, Darlene Love, Lycia Naff, Jackie Swanson & Traci Wolfe|
|Directed by||Richard Donner|
|Edited by||Stuart Baird|
|Screenwriting by||Shane Black|
|Composition by||Eric Clapton & Michael Kamen|
|Produced by||Joel Silver & Richard Donner|
|Director of Photography:||Stephen Goldblatt|
Rating: 3/4 -- [Gibson and Glover] make a great team, and some of their early adventures are exciting. But the film runs out of gas as it turns into an extended chase sequence. Full Review
Rating: 3/4 -- ...it's not difficult to see why Riggs and Murtaugh became downright iconic figures after the release of this picture... Full Review
Reel Film Reviews
At center is the first big, juicy mythic-hero part Gibson has had since Mad Max. Full Review
Los Angeles Times
... creates a new type of hero... [Full review in Spanish] Full Review
El Pais (Spain)
Rating: 2.5/4 -- Nothing, however, can really prepare audiences for the generally good, though offbeat, performances, gritty action and serio-comic exploits of the Good Guys vs. the Bad Guys. Full Review
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Thanks to a peculiar chemistry and a terrific script, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover lift this movie above mere TV-cop fodder.
Rating: 0.5/4 -- As action-adventure, it's pointlessly puerile, a movie where the heroes are so childish they try to one-up each other with fancy shots at the pistol range. Full Review
Two tough Los Angeles cops, one who carries a lethal weapon (Glover) and the other who is one (Gibson), are teamed as partners in a highly unusual case involving a massive international ring which has its roots in Vietnam - a place they are both all too familiar with. This film, with its fresh, energetic combination of comedy, drama and action, has managed to spawn three highly successful sequels.
Action | Buddies | Thriller | Cops | Classic Fight Scenes | Christmas | Recommended | Theatrical Release | 1980s | Essential Cinema
- Film debut for Traci Wolfe, who plays Rianne Murtaugh.
- Color by Technicolor, shot in and around Los Angeles, California.
- Panavision cameras and lenses.
- The picture is dedicated to the memory of Dar Robinson one of the motion picture industry's greatest stuntmen.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
- Flub: In one scene, the car that Roger is driving has the gear shift in park.
- Additional credits: Ramsey (hairstyle for Mel Gibson).
To Kill a Mockingbird (50th Anniversary) (Blu-ray + DVD)
$8.98 Winter Sale
Movies 4 You: Sci-Fi Classics (The Man from Planet X /...
$6.20 Super Savings