You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll hurl.
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6.50 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.60 (28% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 34 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: April 25, 2017
- Originally Released: 1992
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Mike Myers & Dana Carvey|
|Performer:||Rob Lowe, Tia Carrere, Brian Doyle-Murray, Lara Flynn Boyle, Kurt Fuller, Colleen Camp, Donna Dixon, Ed O'Neill, Chris Farley, Lee Tergesen, Ione Skye & Meat Loaf|
|Directed by||Penelope Spheeris|
|Edited by||Malcolm Campbell|
|Screenwriting by||Mike Myers, Bonnie Turner & Terry Turner|
|Composition by||J. Peter Robinson|
|Art Direction by||Bruce Alan Miller|
|Produced by||Lorne Michaels|
|Director of Photography:||Theo van de Sande|
|Executive Production by||Hawk Koch|
Hollywood surely accepts the movie's message: laughter is the least expensive therapy. And audiences may happily parrot another Wayneism to Myers: 'He shoots! He scores!' Full Review
The movie Wayne's World is rarely uproarious. It's really a little sad. Full Review
Much of the credit for the film's success lies with Spheeris, whose confident if rough-edged direction keeps it on track and cooking. Full Review
...Myers' parodic, referential sensibility...rules the roost... -- Rating: B
Rating: B -- The movie has a pleasing daftness. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/5 -- represented more than a slacker voice for a generation. It was a cultural phenomenon Full Review
Rating: 3/4 -- Wayne's World remains one of the best movies to emerge from SNL's celebrated stages... Full Review
Reel Film Reviews
In this big screen spin-off of SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, two small-town cable TV hosts and lifetime best friends (Mike Myers and Dana Carvey) spend their days and nights chasing babes (schwing!) and refusing to budge from their long-haired, head-banging style. Ably capturing the goofiness and exuberance of youth and love of music, director Penelope Spheeris (THE DECLINE OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION PARTS 1 and 2) brings a natural sense of fun and abandon to the film. Features appearances by Rob Lowe, Chris Farley and rockers Meat Loaf and Alice Cooper.
Wayne and Garth, the horny, heavy metal-loving teenage heroes of the popular "Saturday Night Live" skit, hit the big screen. They're still doing their cable-access show out of the Wayne's basement in Aurora, Illinois; only now a sleazy TV executive named Benjamin Oliver wants a piece of the action. As the babe 'n' band obsessed adolescents negotiate the shark-infested waters of network television, Wayne finds 'amore' in the form of a heavy metal femme fatale with a penchant for skin-tight costumes. But can Wayne keep his new lady love out Oliver's unsavory clutches'
- The film cost $14 million and grossed $122 million domestically.
- Shot in Techicolor.
- Soundtrack album available on Reprise compact discs and cassettes.
- Penelope Spheeris directed two feature documentaries about punk rock and heavy metal music, the acclaimed "Decline of Western Civilization" and "The Decline of Western Civilization Part II." Her feature films include "Dudes," "Suburbia," and "The Boys Next Door."
- On October 28, 1993 "Wayne's World" opened in France at 250 theaters. One of the major problems with the translation was finding a French word for NOT! There's no word that easily translates as such. French comedians Alain Chabat and Dominique Farrugia did the translation.
- Apparently some of the 250 French movie theaters were showing the film with titles while others showed a dubbed version.
- Available to buy in the UK.
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (Special Ed.)
$12.60 Super Savings
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (Blu-ray)
$12.80 Super Savings