History of Rock - The 50's
by Various Artists
|You Save:||$6.99 (41% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
This collection of Rock provides you with a great overview of some of the decade's greatest including "In The Still of The Night" by The Five Satins, "Tequila", by The Champs, "A Teenager In Love" by Dion & The Belmonts, "Come Go With Me" by The Dell Vikings, "Sixteen Candles" by The Crests, and much more.
- 1.The DellsOh What A Night
- 2.The ChartsDeserie
- 3.The JacksWhy Don't You Write Me
- 4.The SilhouettesGet A Job
- 5.The Teen QueensEddie My Love
- 6.The TurbansWhen You Dance
- 7.The Five SatinsIn The Still Of The Night
- 8.The ChampsTequila
- 9.Dion & The BelmontsA Teenager In Love
- 10.Jerry ButlerFor Your Precious Love
- 11.The Mello KingsTonight, Tonight
- 12.Bo DiddleyBo Diddley
- 13.The CrestsSixteen Candles
- 14.The ChannelsThe Closer You Are
- 15.The VideosTrickle, Trickle
- 16.The DanleersOne Summer Night
- 17.The MoonglowsThe Ten Commandments Of Love
- 18.The HarptonesA Sunday Kind Of Love
- 19.The Del VikingsCome Go With Me
- 20.The Five SatinsTo The Aisle
- 21.The EldoradosI'll Be Forever Loving You
- 22.Lewis Lymon & The TeenchordsI'm So Happy
- 23.The KodaksOh Gee, Oh Gosh
- 24.The SpanielsGoodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight
Unknown Contributor Role: Louie Lymon & the Teenchords.
History of Rock: The 50s, Pt. 1 focuses mainly on doo wop and artists influenced by that pervasive '50s sound. Among the 24 tracks are quite a few classics like the Spaniels' "Goodnight, Sweetheart, Goodnight," Dion & the Belmonts' "A Teenager in Love," the Five Satins' "In the Still of the Night," and the Dells' "Oh, What a Night" as well as some worthy obscurities like the Videos' "Trickle, Trickle," the Kodaks' "Oh Gee, Oh Gosh," and the Channels' "The Closer You Are." For variety's sake, a couple of non-doo wop tracks like the Champs' "Tequila" and Bo Diddley's "Bo Diddley" are thrown in. The collection plays like an hour or so of really fun and diverse '50s oldies radio, something that is getting harder to the point of impossibility to find on your radio dial anymore. The only thing that makes the disc less than ideal is having two songs by the Five Satins. Even though these are fine songs, it would seem to make more sense to add one more group. That is a minor point, however, and shouldn't keep anyone from picking up this entertaining disc. ~ Tim Sendra
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 8 ratings.
Based on 8 ratings.
Write an online review to share your thoughts with other customers.
What Pleasure Music Lover: Don Dorsett from Muncy Pa -- August, 20, 2007
What an absolute BARGAIN. Such a nice selection of oldies--many of which are before my time. It is an extra pleasure to listen to them when I think how much I COULD have paid for a nice CD like this.
- Sales Rank: 19,812
- UPC: 090431450628
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Ultimate Rock & Roll Classics: 74 Original Hits (3-CD Box... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$9.98 on SALE