The Red Menace
So shocking it was filmed behind locked studio doors!
|You Save:||$1.45 (6% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- 1.37:1 ASPECT RATIO
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: February 26, 2013
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.37
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Robert Rockwell & Hanne Axman|
|Featured:||Barbra Fuller & Betty Lou Gerson|
|Directed by||R.G. Springsteen|
|Edited by||Harry Keller|
|Screenplay by||Albert DeMond & Gerald Geraghty|
|Composition by||Nathan Scott|
|Art Direction by||Frank Arrigo|
Rating: C -- The ultimate laughable Red-scare film. Full Review
Ozus' World Movie Reviews
A powerful story of a war vet and how he is duped by communists, and how he survives.
Bill Jones returns to the homefront after World War II hoping for an idyllic peaceful society; instead, he finds poverty and corruption and a government that fails to help the common man -- and so becomes ripe for Communist recruitment. At first he finds the movement compatible, but eventually he recognizes the enemy spies as a threat to democracy. In order to free himself from the party's grip, he and his girlfriend (and former "fellow traveler") Nina Petrovka flee across the country. All the while, the red menace relentlessly tracks them down, while the couple, their commitment to American freedom renewed, continue to run for their lives.
- Additional cast members include Shepard Menken (Henry Solomon); Betty Lou Gerson (Yvonne Kraus); Lester Luther (Earl Partridge); James Harrington (Martin Vejac); William J. Lally (Jack Tyler); William Martel (Riggs); Duke Williams (Sam); Kay Reihl (Mrs. O'Flaherty); Royal Raymond (Benson); Gregg Martell (Schultz); Mary DeGolyer (Proprietress); Leo Cleary (Father O'Leary); Norman Budd (Reachi); Napoleon Simpson (Tom Wright) and Robert Purcell (Sheriff).