Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 8, 2013
- Originally Released: 1988
- Label: Paramount Catalog
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
- Subtitles - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Priscilla Presley, Ricardo Montalban, O.J. Simpson, George Kennedy & "Weird Al" Yankovic|
|Directed by||David Zucker & Robert K. Weiss|
|Edited by||Michael Jablow|
|Screenwriting by||Jerry Zucker & Jim Abrahams|
|Composition by||Ira Newborn|
|Director of Photography:||Robert M. Stevens|
In the years since he first played Drebin, Nielsen has deepened the role, made it more subtle, more universal, more paramount. Full Review
Los Angeles Times
Rating: 3/4 -- The Naked Gun: From the Files of Police Squad! a gift from the crew that gave us the original Airplane! is a charmingly unstable comedy whose "everything-but-the-kitchen-sink" approach to shtick is downright surreal. Full Review
McClatchy News Service
Rating: B -- Hilarious irreverent slapstick comedy satire. Full Review
Ozus' World Movie Reviews
For those who savor silliness, The Naked Gun is humor heaven. Full Review
Philadelphia Daily News
Run, don't walk, to The Naked Gun. Even if you have to elbow your sweet old mother-in-law or moony grandson out of the way to get to it, by all means do. You won't be sorry. It's that funny. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/4 -- The Naked Gun is hugely funny, but it`s also liberating-precisely because it centers its aim on that cold, closed system and blows it apart. The straight lines are shattered; the empty spaces in the images are packed full until they burst. Full Review
...The result is, no kidding, funnier than all six POLICE SQUAD shows put together...
Los Angeles Times
A slapstick spoof of police thrillers and action films by the makers of AIRPLANE, THE NAKED GUN stars Leslie Nielsen as Lt. Frank Drebin. This comic cop and master car-crasher must protect Queen Elizabeth II when world terrorists target her for assassination during her visit to the U.S. Despite this high-level assignment, Frank still has time to fall in love with a younger woman (Priscilla Presley), and nearly destroy the world several times over while trying to save it. Considerably more successful than the TV series it was based on (POLICE SQUAD!), this zany parody led to two sequels and a comedy career for Leslie Nielsen, then known mainly for his role in FORBIDDEN PLANET.
Detectives | Mystery | Scams And Cons | Slapstick | Spoof | Thriller | Murder | Cops | Mishaps | Theatrical Release
- Budget estimate $14.5 million.
- Shot on location in Los Angeles, California, in Technicolor, Dolby sound.
- Began shooting February 16, 1988; Completed shooting April, 1988; Released in USA December 2, 1988.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Reviewed in the New York Times 12/2/1988.
- Both "The Naked Gun" and the sequel "The Naked Gun 2 1/2: The Smell of Fear" are based on the 1982 television series "Police Squad," created, written and produced by the comedy team of David Zucker, Jerry Zucker and Jim Abrahams. Their first film effort "Kentucky Fried Movie" in 1977 was directed by John Landis.
- "The Naked Gun" marks the film debut of Priscilla Presley, already a star from the hit TV series "Dallas."
- Available to buy in the UK.