Evita [Original Broadway Cast] (2-CD)
by Various Artists
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$33.40|
|You Save:||$2.58 (7% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: October 25, 1990
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: Decca U.S.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.A Cinema in Buenos Aires
- $1.29 on iTunes2.Requiem For Evita / Oh What A Circus
- $1.29 on iTunes3.On This Night Of A Thousand Stars / Eva And Magaldi / Eva Beware Of The City
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Buenos Aires
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Goodnight and Thank You
- $1.29 on iTunes6.The Art of the Possible
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Charity Concert / I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Another Suitcase in Another Hall
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Peron's Latest Flame
- $1.29 on iTunes10.A New Argentina
Tracks on Disc 2:
- $1.29 on iTunes1.On The Balcony Of The Casa Rosada / Don't Cry For Me Argentina
- $1.29 on iTunes2.High Flying, Adored
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Rainbow High
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Rainbow Tour
- $1.29 on iTunes5.Actress Hasn't Learned the Lines, The (You'd Like to Hear)
- $1.29 on iTunes6.And the Money Kept Rolling in (And Out)
- $1.29 on iTunes7.Santa Evita
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Waltz For Eva and Che
- $1.29 on iTunes9.She Is a Diamond
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Dice Are Rolling
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Eva's Final Broadcast
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Montage
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Lament
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Music and words written by Andrew Lloyd Webber and Tim Rice
Original cast includes: Patti LuPone, Bob Gunton, Mandy Patinkin.
Audio Remixer: David Smith.
Directors: Harold Prince; Rene Wiegert.
Photographers: Martha Swope; Ron Slenzak.
Unknown Contributor Roles: John Leslie Wolfe; Brad Witsger; David Staller; Anny DeGange; Matthew McKeon; Sandra Wheeler; Mark Syers; David Sacks; Bob Gunton; John Yost; Nancy Opel; Peter Marinos; Peppi Borza; Phillip Tracy; Patricia Gorman; Jack Neubeck; Nancy Wood; Susan Terry; Mandy Patinkin; Mark Waldrop; Patti LuPone; Terri Klausner.
Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber's Evita, which began as a concept album in 1976 and had its first stage incarnation in London in 1978, finally came to the U.S. in 1979 with a production that opened in Los Angeles and moved to San Francisco for multi-week engagements before landing on Broadway on September 25 to begin a Tony-winning, 1,568-performance run. The London production had been represented by a one-disc highlights album, but this one became the second full-length treatment, running, like the concept album, 100 minutes. As such, the revisions made for the stage were more apparent, especially because there were more of them than there had been in London, sometimes to Americanize the language. ("The back of beyond" in "Eva and Magaldi" became "the sticks," while "Get stuffed!" in "Goodnight and Thank You" was now "Up yours!") "The Lady's Got Potential" had been deleted, and there was a new song, "The Art of the Possible," which, with its musical-chairs staging, was more effective in the theater than on record. And "Dangerous Jade" had been revised to become "Peron's Latest Flame." Many of the changes built up the role of Evita's critic, Che. As played by Mandy Patinkin, who achieved Broadway stardom in the role, Che now rivaled Evita as a musical presence, the actor's elastic tenor and bravura manner drawing more attention to him. But Patti Lu Pone also became a star here, fearlessly bringing out Evita's strident self-interest without attempting to gain the audience's sympathy. (You couldn't say that about London's Elaine Paige.) Lu Pone was at her best when Evita was at her worst, such as in the songs "A New Argentina" and "Rainbow High." The rest of the cast was unexceptional, though Bob Gunton's Juan Peron inspired curiosity as the only actor to use a Spanish accent. ~ William Ruhlmann
Madonna / Andrew Lloyd WebberEvita - The Complete Motion Picture Soundtrack (2-CD)
$26.20 CD Sale
Andrew Lloyd WebberThe Phantom of the Opera [Original London Cast] (2-CD)
$19 CD Sale
Mitch LeighMan of La Mancha [Original Broadway Cast] [Bonus Tracks]
$11.90 CD Sale
Miss Saigon [Original London Cast Recording] (2-CD)
$19.40 CD Sale
The Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$8.49 CD Sale
Bye Bye Birdie / Teenage Triangle (Featuring Shelley...
$5.98 CD Sale
Music From M Squad / Music From Mickey Spillane's Mike...
$5.98 CD Sale
The Saint / Secret Agent (Music from the TV Series)
$8.98 CD Sale