Earthmen on a fabulous, peril-journey into outer space!
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$12.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.37 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 7, 2010
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Additional scenes
- Lost footage
- Excerpts from the MGM Parade TV series
- The Thin Man TV series Robot Client
- Science-Fiction movie trailer gallery
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Walter Pidgeon, Anne Francis, Leslie Nielsen & Warren Stevens|
|Performer:||Earl Holliman, Jack Kelly, Richard Anderson, George D. Wallace, James Drury, Harry Harvey, Jr., Bob Dix & Jimmie Thompson|
|Featured:||Robby the Robot|
|Directed by||Fred M. Wilcox|
|Edited by||George Folsey, Jr. & Ferris Webster|
|Screenwriting by||Cyril Hume|
|Composition by||Bebe Barron & Louis Barron|
|Produced by||Nicholas Nayfack|
|Director of Photography:||George J. Folsey|
Rating: 5/5 -- Offers some of the most amusing creatures conceived since the Keystone cops. Full Review
New York Times
Imaginative gadgets galore, plus plenty of suspense and thrills, make the production a top offering in the space travel category. Full Review
Rating: 4/4 -- A superb sci-fi flick, Forbidden Planet offers an unusually intelligent script, exciting direction by Wilcox and generally good acting from a decent if rather dull cast. Full Review
Rating: 5/5 -- There's a reason this film is called the granddaddy of all science fiction. Full Review
An engaging 1956 science fiction gloss of Shakespeare's Tempest. Full Review
Over 50 years on, FORBIDDEN PLANET still looks like the future....An oddity that would change the face of science-fiction on film.
5 stars out of 5 -- FORBIDDEN PLANET is a feast for the eyes....This definitive Science Fiction movie has really never looked better...
Shakespeare's THE TEMPEST is transformed in this landmark science-fiction film. Spacemen travel to a planet ruled by Dr. Edward Morbius (Walter Pidgeon), who has built a kingdom with his daughter and obedient robot Robby. The good doctor is plagued by his mad quest for knowledge through his "brain booster" machine, and by Freudian "monsters from the id" as his daughter discovers other men and learns to kiss.
Classic | Monsters | Science-Fiction | Space Exploration | Robots / Cyborgs | Recommended | Essential Cinema
- Color by Eastmancolor. Shot in CinemaScope.
- "Electronic tonalities" by Louis and Bebe Barron.
- Joshua Meador, who worked on the special effects team, was loaned to MGM by Walt Disney Productions.
- The story is loosely based on Shakespeare's classic play "The Tempest."
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Censors.
- Sales Rank: 587
- UPC: 883929164042
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Thing from Another World (aka "The Thing") (DVD)
$12.10 Super Savings