|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$18.70 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.29 (6% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: July 30, 2013
- Originally Released: 1956
- Label: 20Th Century Fox
- Note: Audio commentary by noted Elvis historian Jerry Schilling
- Featurettes: Elvis Hits Hollywood, The Colonel & The King, Love Me Tender: The Birth & Boom Of The Elvis Hit
- Love Me Tender: The Soundtrack
- Dual Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Debra Paget, Richard Egan, Robert Middleton, William Campbell, Neville Brand, Mildred Dunnock & Bruce Bennett|
|Directed by||Robert D. Webb|
|Edited by||Hugh S. Fowler|
|Music by||Elvis Presley|
|Screenwriting by||Robert Buckner|
|Composition by||Vera Matson & Lionel Newman|
|Produced by||David Weisbart|
|Director of Photography:||Leo Tover|
Elvis Presley made the transition from vinyl to celluloid in this tragic western. Because of his "tender" age, Texas farm hand Clint was spared participation in the American Civil War. His older brother, Vance, wasn't so lucky, and he went off to battle, leaving behind his sweetheart, Cathy. Later, Cathy hears a report that Vance has been killed. Clint consoles her, and ultimately asks for her hand in marriage. Cathy accepts. The newlyweds then learn that news of Vance's fatality was erroneous. Vance, who in war took part in the theft of some government funds, returns and is dismayed by Clint and Cathy's union. Both brothers eventually discover that the firm ties of family can be tested, if not cut, by the raging emotions of love.
Elvis made his film debut in this Civil War western about two brothers in love with the same woman. Featured are four Presley favorites, including the title song.
Civil War | Romance | Love Triangle | Theatrical Release | Love Triangles | Elvis Presley | Love | Musical Sequences
- Elvis Presley made his screen debut in "Love Me Tender."
- Additional cast: Russ Conway (Ed Galt) and Jerry Sheldon (Train conductor).
- Shot in CinemaScope.
- Songs include: "Love Me Tender."
Christmas with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra (CD) NEW
$7.98 CYBER WEEK
20 Original Debut Albums by 20 Rock & Roll Stars (10-CD) NEW
$15.98 CYBER WEEK
Kay Kyser Double Feature: Swing Fever / Playmates (DVD-R)
$7.98 CYBER WEEK