B.B. King Live At The BBC
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$12.40|
|You Save:||$1.55 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Released: February 25, 2008
- Originally Released: 2009
- Label: Hip-O Records
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Caldonia
- $1.29 on iTunes2.I Like To Live The Love
- $1.29 on iTunes3.Night Life
- $1.29 on iTunes4.When It All Comes Down (I'll Still Be Around)
- $1.29 on iTunes5.The Thrill Is Gone
- $1.29 on iTunes6.I Gotta Move Out Of This Neighborhood
- $1.29 on iTunes7.When Love Comes To Town
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Let The Good Times Roll
- $1.29 on iTunes9.Stormy Monday Blues
- $1.29 on iTunes10.Ain't Nobody Home
- $1.29 on iTunes11.Five Long Years
- $1.29 on iTunes12.How Blue Can You Get?
- $1.29 on iTunes13.Paying The Cost To Be The Boss
- $1.29 on iTunes14.The Thrill Is Gone
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Liner Note Author: Peter Doggett.
Recording information: Fairfield Halls, Croydon, England (10/14/1978-06/20/1998); Glasgow Jazzfest (10/14/1978-06/20/1998); Hammersmith Odeon (10/14/1978-06/20/1998); Maida Vale (10/14/1978-06/20/1998).
This collection of live B.B. King recordings from the U.K. offers a unique opportunity to compare and contrast the legendary bluesman's concert performances from different eras. The album is dominated by tracks from a 1978 London show and a 1998 appearance in Croydon. While King's voice is noticeably raspier on the later cuts, his piercing guitar work sounds undiminished by the years. A couple of tunes each from 1991 and '89 performances round out this release, which focuses largely on B.B.'s best known songs, like "How Blue Can You Get" and "The Thrill Is Gone" (the only song here to appear in two different versions).
100 Blues Classics: 100 Original Recordings (4-CD)
$11.88 CD Sale