Cyrano de Bergerac
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 18, 2003
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Mala Powers, William Prince, Morris Carnovsky, Elena Verdugo, Ralph Clanton, Virginia Farmer, Edgar Barrier, Albert Cavens, Arthur Blake & Don Beddoe|
|Directed by||Michael Gordon|
|Edited by||Harry Gerstad|
|Screenwriting by||Carl Foreman|
|Composition by||Dimitri Tiomkin|
|Produced by||Stanley Kramer|
|Director of Photography:||Franz Planer|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- Many versions of "Cyrano de Bergerac" have been filmed. The earliest one on record was made in 1925 by Augusto Genina and starred Pierre Magnier. The most recent film version was the 1990 "Cyrano" starring Gerard Depardieu.
- Rated BBFC U by the British Board of Film Classification.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 7147 ratings.
The newer Cyrano doesn't hold a candle to Jose Ferrer's tour-de-force classic performance. I taped this off A&E many years ago and now feel very lucky to find it on DVD! If you have any heart in you at all, this wonderful classic will surely touch it. It also has one of the greatest sword fights ever filmed (the second greatest, in my opinion, being that of the one in The Princess Bride, between Cary Elwes (the Dread Pirate Roberts) and Mandy Patinkin (Inugo Montoya, drunken ruffian). If you love REAL classics, finely acted, this Cyrano is for you!
Without a dought the best performance ever by an actor. You can forget the story line altogether and solely admire the increasable character that Jose Ferrer displays. When ever has an actor been asked to display so many characters all in one movie and be flawless in everyone?
- Sales Rank: 9,787
- UPC: 089218607096
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item