The Belles of St. Trinian's
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$6.90 ENDS TONIGHT|
|You Save:||$2.20 (23% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 31 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: July 9, 2015
- Originally Released: 1954
- Label: Reel Vault
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
- (unspecified) - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Alastair Sim, Joyce Grenfell, George Cole & Hermione Baddeley|
|Performer:||Betty Ann Davies, Beryl Reid, Renee Houston, Irene Handl, Mary Merrall, Joan Sims, Richard Wattis, Michael Ripper, Sidney James & Eric Pohlmann|
|Directed by||Frank Launder|
|Edited by||Thelma Connell|
|Screenplay by||Frank Launder, Sidney Gilliat & Val Valentine|
|Composition by||Malcolm Arnold|
|Produced by||Sidney Gilliat & Frank Launder|
|Director of Photography:||Stanley Pavey|
BELLES OF ST. TRINIAN'S was the first of several British comedies inspired by the fear-inspiring girl's school created by cartoonist Ronald Searle. The girls of St. Trinian's aim their deviltry at a gang of crooks who plan to steal a famous race horse. Alastair Sim wraps up the proceedings with his dual portrayal of the school's severe headmistress (!) and her bookmaking twin brother. Also worth watching is veteran supporting player George Cole, who makes a tidy profit on the alcoholic beverages produced in the girls' science lab, and toothy Joyce Grenfell as a diligent lady constable. Like most of the subsequent "St. Trinian's" farces, BELLES OF ST. TRINIAN'S was a joint effort of the producer/director/writer team of Frank Launder and Sidney Gilliat.
The arrival of Sultan's daughter Princess Fatima at England's famous and prestigious 'School for Young Ladies' precipitates even more chaos than usual. Her father's horse Arab Boy is due to run at the nearby Gold Cup so Clarence Fitton, bookie brother of
- Part of the British Sterling Collection.
- "The Belles of St. Trinians" was inspired by artist Ronald Searle's original drawings of the girls and staff of St. Trinian's.
- Filmed at Shepperton Studios.
- Additional cast: Noel Hood (Bilston Mistress), Roger Delgardo (Legation Official), Stuart Saunders (Police Sergeant), Balbina (Miss De St. Emelion), Jim Tyson (Butcher), Bill O'Malley (Railway Guard), Arthur Sandifer (Railway Porter), Martin Walker (Hankinson), Henry Longhurst (Doctor), Barry Steele (Fred Smith), Paul Connell (Sam), Tommy Duggan (Joe), Michael Kelly (Bill), Jane Henderson (Miss Holland), Pat Hagan (Policeman), Gilbert Harrison (Young Clerk), Jean Langston (Rosie), Vivienne Wood (Miss Anderson), Cara Stevens (Sultan's Secretary), Jack Doyle (Assistant Trainer), Windsor Cottage (Arab Boy), Myrette Morven, Sally Lahee, Norman Maitland, Bob Gregory, and Ronald Searle & Kaye Webb (Parents).
- Additional crew: Peter Broxup, Alan Hall, & R. Pope (camera assistants); John Beaton (assistant editor); W. E. Hutchinson, J. Sawyer, & P. Moll (draughtsmen); Bridget Sellers (wardrobe supervisor); and Adrian Pryce-Jones, Peter Maxwell, & Jack Green (assistant directors).
Abbott and Costello Meet the Creature from the Black Lagoon (DVD) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6.90 CYBER WEEK
The Fabulous Journey to the Center of the Earth (DVD)
$9.40 CYBER WEEK