Peter Green Time Traders
|You Save:||$5 (50% Off)|
Currently Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
sku: ZDP 203
- Released: January 18, 2011
- Originally Released: 2011
- Label: Eagle Records
Q - 9/01, p.1103 stars out of 5 - "...Green's dulcet, cask-matured voice still charms...and there are tantalizing glimpses of the form which led BB King to describe him as 'the only white blues guitarist who sends shivers down my spine'..."
- $1.29 on iTunes1.Until The Well Runs Dry
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Real World
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Running After You
- $1.29 on iTunes4.Shadow On My Door
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Lies
- $1.29 on iTunes6.(Down The Road Of) Temptation
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Downsize Blues (Repossess My Body)
- $1.29 on iTunes8.Feeling Good
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Time Keeps Slipping Away
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Wild Dogs
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Home
- $1.29 on iTunes12.Underway
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Uganda Woman
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Peter Green Splinter Group: Peter Green (vocals, guitar, slide guitar, harmonica); Nigel Watson (vocals, guitar); Roger Cotton (guitar, piano, Hammond C3 organ); Pete Stroud (acoustic & electric basses); Larry Tolfree (drums, percussion).
Additional personnel includes: Snowy White (guitar); Martin Harmon (baritone saxophone); Derek Nash (saxophone); Sid Gauld (trumpet, flugelhorn).
Principally recorded at Roundel Studios, Famham, England.
Green's sixth album since his out-of-nowhere but much welcome mid-'90s comeback shows the further development of his second version of the Splinter Group and showcases the songwriting of bandmembers Nigel Watson (a collaborator of Green's since the early '70s) and Roger Cotton. A new, more sublime take of Fleetwood Mac's spacey, psychedelic jam instrumental "Underway" welcomes former Green and David Gilmour sideman Snowy White back to the fold. Green sounds nowhere near his vocal or guitar-playing peak (somewhere around 1969), but its good to see him diligently plugging away, making some fine modern blues music. ~ John Duffy