|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$6.98 ENDS TONIGHT|
|You Save:||$9.99 (59% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2001
- Label: Collectables Records
- Original Album #1: Atlantic 2-606 (1971)
- Original Album #2: Atlantic 81778 (1987)
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fats Waller's "Honeysuckle Rose," Cole Porter's "Just One of Those Things," and "Let's Fly Away" are but a few of the highlights on this two-for-one disc. "Guess" features Harry "Sweets" Edison on trumpet and orchestrations/arrangements by Phil Moore.
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Rap Tap On Wood (From The Film "Born To Dance")
- 2.You've Got That Thing (From "Fifty Million Frenchmen")
- 3.You Don't Know Paree (From "Fifty Million Frenchmen")
- 4.Pilot Me (From La Revue Des Ambassadeurs")
- 5.Katie Went To Haiti (From "Dubarry Was A Lady")
- 6.How's Your Romance (From "The Gay Divorce")
- 7.At Long Last Love (From "You Never Know")
- 8.By Candlelight
- 9.So Near And Yet So Far (From The Film "You'll Never Get Rich")
- 10.How Could We Be Wrong (From "Nymph Errant")
- 11.Hot-House Rose
- 12.Let's Fly Away (From "The New Yorkers")
- 13.Why Shouldn't I (From "Jubilee")
- 14.Once Upon A Time
- 15.Weren't We Fools
- 16.Do I Love You (From "Dubarry Was A Lady")
- 17.I've Got You On My Mind (From "The Gay Divorce")
- 18.Where Have You Been (From "The New Yorkers")
- 19.I Hate You, Darling (From "Let's Face It")
- 20.I'm In Love Again (From "Greenwich Village Follies Of 1924")
- 21.Just One Of Those Things (From "Jubilee")
- 22.Why Don't We Try Staying Home
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Guess Who's In Town
- 2.Honeysuckle Rose
- 3.How Can You Face Me
- 4.A Porter's Love Song (To A Chamber Maid)
- 6.Ain't Misbehavin'
- 7.Tan Manhattan
- 8.Black And Blue
- 9.Make Believe Ballroom
- 10.I'm Gonna Move To The Outskirts Of Town
- 11.Lonesome Swallow
2 LPs on 2 CDs: BOBBY SHORT LOVES COLE PORTER (1971)/GUESS WHO'S IN TOWN: THE SONGS OF ANDY RAZAF (1987).
Personnel: Bobby Short (vocals, piano); Phil Moore (arranger, conductor); John Collins, Neil Lang (guitar); Marshall Royal (alto saxophone); Bill Green (baritone saxophone, reeds); Harry "Sweets" Edison (trumpet); Buster Cooper (trombone); Al McKibbon, Beverly Peer (bass); Dick Sheridan, Paul Humphrey (drums).
Originally released on Atlantic.
Personnel: Bobby Short (vocals, piano); John Collins (guitar); Marshall Royal (alto saxophone); Harry "Sweets" Edison (trumpet); Buster Cooper (trombone); Richard Sheridan, Paul Humphrey (drums).
Liner Note Authors: Robert Kimball; Barry Allyn Singer.
Recording information: 07/19/1971-09/24/1986.
Photographers: Casey Roberts; Francesco Scavullo.
Arranger: Phil Moore .
United by theme rather than chronology, the albums that appear on this two-disc collection--BOBBY SHORT LOVES COLE PORTER (1971) and GUESS WHO'S IN TOWN (1987)--find the beloved cabaret performer paying tribute to two revered songwriters, one lauded (Porter) and one lesser-known (Andy Razaf). Highlighting both the brilliance of these time-honored tunes and Short's dapper, charismatic persona, the compilation is ideal for aficionados of American pop classics and devoted fans of the New York City icon. Highlights include the lively "You've Got That Thing" and a suave, inventive take on "Ain't Misbehavin'."
- Sales Rank: 11,897
- UPC: 090431684429
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Richard Rodgers' No Strings: An After Theatre Version (CD)
$3.98 CYBER WEEK
Bobby Short On The East Side / Moments Like This (CD)
$8.98 CYBER WEEK
The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus (1985) / Nestor, the... (DVD-R) TOP 10 Bestseller
$10.75 CYBER WEEK
Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful... (DVD-R) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD