|You Save:||$2.48 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 51 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 17, 1998
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Single Layer
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 3.0 - English
- Dolby Digital 3.0 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Film Highlights
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Production Notes
- Biographies: Cast & Filmmaker
- DVD-ROM Features:
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||James Woods & Michael J. Fox|
|Performer:||Stephen Lang, Annabella Sciorra, Penny Marshall, LL Cool J, Christina Ricci, Luis Guzmán & Delroy Lindo|
|Directed by||John Badham|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"It won awards for that little Scottish fellow."
- Talent agent Angie (Penny Marshall) to her client Nick Lang (Michael J. Fox) on the success of Irishman Kenneth Branagh's HENRY V
"It's like a movie, it's so real."
- Nick Lang to John Moss (James Woods)
Rating: 3/5 -- An amusing diversion, with Woods and Fox perfectly cast.
Rating: 3/5 -- Fox and Woods let off some good sparks in a vivacious, witty and fast romp
Rating: 3.5/4 -- There is nothing very remarkable about The Hard Way, except for its comic energy, but the energy of this movie is everything, reminding me of the wisecracking, hard-boiled screwball comedies of the 1940s. Full Review
Rating: 7/10 -- An underrated buddy flick with an original twist and some outstanding stunt work.
Rating: 3.5/5 -- Surprisingly likable buddy action-comedy, thanks in no small part to James Woods and Michael J. Fox.
Rating: 3/5 -- Utterly unremarkable, but harmless and not without its charms.
Flipside Movie Emporium
...Smart, sassy fun....Live-wire performances...
Los Angeles glitz meets New York grit in director John Badham's action-packed comedy. In New York's Times Square a billboard looms larger than life for a new Hollywood blockbuster starring Nick Lang (Michael J. Fox), an Indiana Jones-style superstar. The real Nick Lang is holed up in a neighboring apartment studying every move and mannerism of Lieutenant John Moss (James Woods), a hard-nosed, streetwise cop who has been taken off of a serial killer case for a new assignment: showing the Hollywood star how a real cop lives, in preparation for a new film role. With rapid-fire dialogue and a hysterical high-energy performance, Fox brilliantly parodies a spoiled Hollywood celebrity complete with model girlfriends, and a tough cookie agent played with ease by Penny Marshall. Woods ignites the screen as the explosive New York cop who must learn how to get along with his new "partner."
Michael J. Fox and James Woods star in this hilarious action farce. Fox is Nick Lang, a Hollywood superstar trying to break out of his nice guy image who believes he can land a role as a tough cop if he can hangs out with the real thing. Much to the chagrin of maverick NYC cop, John Moss (James Woods) who is assigned the annoying task of baby-sitting his new Hollywood sidekick.
- Theatrical release: March 8, 1991.
- Christina Ricci's appearance in THE HARD WAY was her second feature film role. (Her first role was in 1990's MERMAIDS.)
- Rap artist LL Cool J's "Mama Said Knock You Out" can be heard in the first club scene of the movie. The rapper plays Billy in the film.
Abbott and Costello Meet the Creature from the Black Lagoon TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6.90 Super Savings
The Slowest Gun in the West (1960) / Fair Play (1972) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$5.95 on Sale
Tony Curtis Double Feature: Houdini (1953) (FS) / Those...
$5.58 Winter Sale
Laurel & Hardy - Best of Laurel & Hardy (6-DVD + Book)
$21.30 Super Savings