Made In Heaven
Warner Archive Collection (series)
|You Save:||$3.39 (26% Off)|
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 3, 2009
- Originally Released: 1987
- Label: Warner Archive Collection (MOD)
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Timothy Hutton, Kelly McGillis, Maureen Stapleton, Ann Wedgeworth & Amanda Plummer|
|Performer:||Mare Winningham & Don Murray|
|Directed by||Alan Rudolph|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"…MADE IN HEAVEN has a disarming gentleness and a light, buoyant charm….Hutton's unusual earnestness takes him far…"
"...[The film has] a certain quality of gentleness and warmth..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Deceased drifter Mike (Hutton) arrives in Heaven and quickly falls for newborn soul Annie (McGillis), soon to start her assignment on Earth. When Annie leaves, Mike follows, risking all to find her in her new identity with neither having memories of their previous celestial existence.
Maureen Stapleton, Amanda Plummer and an array of star cameos highlight what director Alan Rudolph (Afterglow, Welcome to L.A.) calls a "good old-fashioned fairy tale of destiny and love."
Brimming over with touches both clever and poignant, this romantic saga is a shamelessly perfect date movie and a story of beautiful inspiration for the noncynical. There's also a lot of great music from composer Mark Isham and Neil Young, whom both also appear in the film, as does Tom Petty, Ric Ocasek, Amanda Plummer, Ellen Barkin, writer Tom Robbins, and saxophone legend Pee Wee Ellis. Director Alan Rudolph directed from a screenplay by producers Bruce Evans and Raymond Gideon.
- Debra Winger appears unbilled, in drag, as Emmett, the ruler apparent in heaven, who becomes Elmo's guardian angel.
- Writer Tom Robbins, author of STILL LIFE WITH WOODPECKER and EVEN COWGIRLS GET THE BLUES, appears in the film. He also makes cameos in Alan Rudolph's BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS and MRS. PARKER AND THE VICIOUS CIRCLE.