Hollywood on Parade, Volume 1
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours
- Video: Black & White
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Released: December 31, 2013
- Originally Released: 1932
- Label: Alpha Video
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Ginger Rogers, Richard Arlen, Kate Smith, Cary Grant, George Raft, Cecil B. DeMille, W.C. Fields, Maurice Chevalier & Bela Lugosi|
|Directed by||Louis Lewyn|
Description by OLDIES.com:
- Fredric March hosts a musical revue with Mitzi Green, Ginger Rogers, Jack Duffy, and Eddie Peabody.
- Eddie Borden plays a Hollywood mailman making deliveries to various stars, including Richard Arlen and Jobyna Ralston, Mary Pickford, Bing Crosby, and Tom Mix. Mickey Daniels hosts, with appearances by Roland Young, Ken Maynard, Jeanette MacDonald, and Maurice Chevalier.
- Child stars Jackie Searle and Jane Withers present Barbara Stanwyck, Frank Fay, Kate Smith, Wesley Ruggles, and Arline Judge.
- As "messenger boy for a day" at Paramount's studio, Frankie Darro encounters Cary Grant, Mary Boland, Leo Carrillo, William Gargan, Claudette Colbert, Thelma Todd, Norman Foster, Anita Stewart, Gene Raymond, Richard Dix, Fay Wray, George Raft, Jean Harlow, Arline Judge, Constance Cummings, El Brendel, Jeanette MacDonald, Paulette Goddard, and Charlie Chaplin.
- The Motion Picture Theater Owners of America Convention enjoys appearances by Gracie Allen, George Burns, Adolphe Menjou, Cary Grant, Cecil B. DeMille, Henry Wilcoxon, and W.C. Fields.
- On a bus tour of Hollywood, fans spot Ruth Etting, Jimmy Durante, Clara Bow, Joan Crawford, Alice White, Jean Harlow, Baby LeRoy, Randolph Scott, Gary Cooper, Fredric March, Charles Bickford, Jackie Cooper, Harpo Marx, and Maurice Chevalier.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Louis Lewyn made a career out of making shorts showing movie stars in "real life". Paramount's "Hollywood on Parade" series was one of his first and is a wonderful look at Hollywood during its difficult transition into sound. These shorts are filled with short bits featuring many great stars of the era (most being Paramount employees!) and it is amazing to see how awkward and uncomfortable they can be before the camera without a script and a strong director. Absolutely priceless--looking forward to Volume 2!
- Sales Rank: 16,235
- UPC: 089218724496
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item