Razer Born 2 Die
- Released: August 9, 2005
- Originally Released: 2005
- Label: P.R. Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Lovin' It
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Born 2 Die
- $0.99 on iTunes3.So Cold
- $0.99 on iTunes4.Nothing Wrong
- $0.99 on iTunes5.My Block
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Unforgivin'
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Stand Back
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Who Want It
- $0.99 on iTunes9.Gettin' By
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Baby Girl
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Hold It Down
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Life 4 Me
- $0.99 on iTunes13.Maintain
- $0.99 on iTunes14.Real Mothaf#Akas
- 15.Snippets From The Upcoming Album From Mr. Shadow "Drama"
- 16.Snippets From The Upcoming Album From Southside Connections
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Recording information: True Game Studios.
Although Razer is a California-based rapper (affiliated with the underground hip-hop collective Califa Thugz), his first solo album starts with a snippet that recalls the Houston-based "chopped and screwed" sound, featuring deliberately slowed-down voices and beats. However, when Razer himself swings into the album's first track, "Lovin' It," he shows off the fastest rhyming this side of Twista. Luckily, he doesn't stick to the head-spinning velocity throughout Born 2 Die; in fact, Razer has an impressive ability to adapt his style to the song's needs, rather than having one distinguishing feature (Twista's speed, Eminem's nasal whine) that he has to structure all of his raps around. As a result, Born 2 Die is musically fairly varied while staying comfortably within the standards of West Coast gangsta rap. While he's probably not a superstar in the making, songs like the spooky, menacing "So Cold" showcase a better-than-average first-timer. ~ Stewart Mason
WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul TOP 10 Bestseller
$3.98 on Sale
100 Hits: Lipstick on Your Collar: 100 Teenage Classics Of... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$9.98 on Sale
100 Doo Wop Hits: 100 Original Doo-Wop Classics (4-CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$13.98 on Sale
No One Else (Puff Daddy Remix) / Can't You See (featuring...
$5.10 Super Savings