9 to 5
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.60 (4% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: April 21, 2009
- Originally Released: 1980
- Label: 20Th Century Fox
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Surround - French, Spanish
- Dolby Surround 5.1 - English
- DTS 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish - Optional
- Additional Release Material:
- Deleted Scenes: (10)
- Audio Commentary Bruce Gilbert - Producer, Jane Fonda, Dolly Parton, Dabney Coleman - Stars
- Outtakes: Gag Reel
- Behind the Scenes: Inside Look
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- "Nine @ 25"
- "Remembering Collin Higgins"
- Karaoke - Singing Nine to Five Karaoke
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda & Dolly Parton|
|Performer:||Dabney Coleman, Sterling Hayden & Elizabeth Wilson|
|Directed by||Colin Higgins|
|Screenwriting by||Colin Higgins & Patricia Resnick|
|Composition by||Charles Fox|
|Produced by||Bruce Gilbert|
|Director of Photography:||Reynaldo Villalobos|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"I'll change you from a rooster to a hen with one shot."
- Doralee Rhodes (Dolly Parton) to Franklin Hart (Dabney Coleman)
Rating: 3/4 -- Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, and Dolly Parton make a fantastic team. Full Review
From the Front Row
Rating: 3/4 -- [Parton] is, on the basis of this one film, a natural-born movie star, a performer who holds our attention so easily that it's hard to believe it's her first film. Full Review
9 to 5 has laughs from beginning to end, a catchy theme song, clever editing techniques, and inspirational characters who prove that we're better united than divided. If you haven't already seen 9 to 5 you're missing out. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- 9 to 5 is tremendous fun. Full Review
In this perfectly plotted paean to overworked, under-estimated, sexually harassed secretaries, the Fonda-Tomlin-Parton chemistry is divine... -- Grade: A
Despite an excellent and promising cast, this Hollywood attempt at a mainstream feminist comedy is flabby and bland. Full Review
The three women rise up against the oppressive male establishment, and systematically humiliate and abuse their boss in a number of not terribly funny scenes. Full Review
9 TO 5 is the much-loved revenge comedy about three female office workers (the terrific trio of Lily Tomlin, Jane Fonda, and Dolly Parton) in a giant corporation who are subjected to the indignity of a chauvinist boss (played marvelously by Dabney Coleman). They entertain wild fantasies to get even through a series of outrageous incidents. When the film first came to theaters in 1980, it was a huge hit not just because of the quality of the film but because of the subject matter of women being treated fairly in the workplace. Dolly Parton's theme song was nominated for an Academy Award.
Three working women, one a hyperefficient office manager, one a frazzled divorcée, and the last a sexy executive secretary, combine forces to take revenge against their sleazy, sexist boss.
Kidnapping And Missing Persons | Vengeance | Social Issues | Recommended | Big Business | Theatrical Release | Essential Cinema
- The film featured the motion-picture debut of country singer-songwriter Dolly Parton, who said, "I figured that if it was a success, I could take some of the credit, but if it was a failure, it would all be Jane and Lily's fault."
- A television series based on the movie aired on the ABC network from March 1982 to October 1983. It starred Rita Moreno as Violet Newstead, Rachel Dennison (Parton's sister) as Doralee Rhodes, and Valerie Curtin as Judy Bernly. Franklin Hart was played by Jeffrey Tambor in the spring of 1982 and then Peter Bonerz in fall of 1983. In 1986 the series was resurrected for syndication, minus Moreno.
Fried Green Tomatoes (Anniversary Ed. Extended Version)
$8.40 Super Savings
Sister Act / Sister Act 2: Back in the Habit (2-DVD)
$8.70 Super Savings
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown [Deluxe Ed.] TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$16.10 Super Savings
The Day the Earth Stood Still