|SUPER SAVINGS:||$6 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$0.60 (4% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG-13
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 5, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Touchstone / Disney
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 2.35
- Aspect Ratio: Letterbox - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - French
- Additional Release Material:
- Interviews: Jerry Bruckheimer - Producer
- Trailers: Original Theatrical Trailer
- Music Video: The Cult
- Behind the Scenes
- "Action Overload": Highlight Reel
- Scene Access
- Interactive Menus:
- Full-Motion Menus
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Nicolas Cage, Angelina Jolie, Giovanni Ribisi & Robert Duvall|
|Performer:||Delroy Lindo, Scott Caan, James Duval, Frances Fisher, Vinnie Jones, Chi McBride, Timothy Olyphant, Will Patton, William Lee Scott, Christopher Eccleston & TJ Cross|
|Directed by||Dominic Sena|
|Edited by||Tom Muldoon & Chris Lebenzon|
|Screenwriting by||Scott Rosenberg|
|Produced by||Jerry Bruckheimer & Mike Stenson|
|Director of Photography:||Paul Cameron|
|Executive Production by||Jonathan Hensleigh, Chad Oman, Barry H. Waldman & Denise Halicki|
Rating: 3/5 -- Check your brain at the door, enjoy with popcorn. Full Review
Common Sense Media
Would I recommend Gone in 60 Seconds? Sure. But like while you're doing something else...There are some fun scenes. But, there is also a super cringey running gag. Full Review
Rating: 4/5 -- Comfortably cheesy -- a real beer-and-pizza movie. Full Review
Rating: 2.5/4 -- Sixty seconds is all a professional car thief needs to steal a car. It takes about the same time for a moviegoer to know he or she is watching a Jerry Bruckheimer movie.
Globe and Mail
What's missing from Gone in 60 Seconds is anything new. There's a "been there, done that" feeling to the enterprise. Full Review
Rating: 1/5 -- For car lovers and lovers of truly bad films only. Full Review
Sacramento News & Review
I found it more pleasurable as a time waster than either Mission: Impossible. Full Review
Memphis Raines (Nicholas Cage) is a former car thief who is forced to come out of retirement when his younger brother, Kip (Giovanni Ribisi), is unable to deliver 50 expensive cars to dangerous smuggler Raymond Calitri (Christopher Eccleston). With his brother's life on the line, Memphis must enlist his old car-stealing partners for help in order to pull off the ultimate crime. His team includes his mentor, Otto (Robert Duvall), and an old flame (Angelina Jolie), plus a crew of other colorful characters. Once he gets them all together, Memphis has to do the impossible: organize the theft of 50 cars from all over Los Angeles in a single night, hampered by rivals, security systems, and the best efforts of the LAPD detective (Delroy Lindo) who is out to get him. GONE IN 60 SECONDS is a fun, action-packed movie featuring producer Jerry Bruckheimer's trademarks: a simple, heartfelt story, comedy, spectacular action, an excellent cast of stars and character actors, and an amazing car chase through the crowded streets of Los Angeles. This film is based on the cult classic 1974 movie of the same name, and it's a must-see for lovers of classic cars or action fans of any stripe. Dominic Sena, the director of KALIFORNIA, directed this fast-moving crime-adventure extravaganza.
This explosive action-thriller from director Dominic Sena (KALIFORNIA) and writer Scott Rosenberg (CON AIR) features enough car chases for 10 movies. Nicolas Cage plays a reformed car thief who must steal 50 cars virtually overnight in order to save his brother's (Giovanni Ribisi) life. He seeks out Robert Duvall and Angelina Jolie, among others, to do the impossible. Fasten your seat belts for this pulse-pounding thrill ride, compliments of producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
- Theatrical release: June 9, 2000.
- The car Memphis Raines refers to as Eleanor is a 1967 Shelby GT 350 Mustang. Producer Jerry Bruckheimer bought the original car used in the film.
- This film is a remake of H.B."Toby" Halicki's 1974 low-budget movie of the same name, which featured the crashing of 90 cars in the last 40 minutes. Halicki died during filming of a sequel to his original film.
- The film's cast learned how to break into and steal cars from actual convicted car thieves. By the end of production, star Angelina Jolie boasted she could steal any car in a matter of minutes.
- GONE IN 60 SECONDS is the third collaboration between star Cage and producer Jerry Bruckheimer, following 1996's THE ROCK and 1997's CON AIR.
- This film is only the second film made by director Dominic Sena, after 1994's KALIFORNIA.
A Revved-Up Double Feature: Speed Lovers (1968) / Thunder... (DVD)
$9.10 Super Savings
Disney Don Knotts 4-Movie Collection (Apple Dumpling Gang /...
$12.20 Super Savings