A Piano Tribute To Guns N' Roses
by Various Artists
|MASSIVE CD SALE:||$16.30|
|You Save:||$0.68 (4% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: April 30, 2002
- Originally Released: 2002
- Label: Cleopatra
- 1.You're Crazy - Stevie Rachelle (of Tuff)
- 2.It's So Easy - Fred Coury (of Cinderella)
- 3.Welcome to the Jungle - Kevin DuBrow (of Quiet Riot)
- 4.My Michelle - Phil Lewis (of L.A. Guns)
- 5.Sweet Child O' Mine - Jizzy Pearl (of Ratt)
- 6.Paradise City - Kory Clarke (of Warrior Soul)
- 7.Mr. Brownstone - Joe Leste (of Bang Tango)
- 8.You Could Be Mine - Mitch Malloy
- 9.Used to Love Her - John Corabi (of Union)
- 10.Don't Cry - Spike (of Quireboys)
- 11.Patience - John Corabi (of Union)
- 12.Civil War - Christina Kartsonakis
Personnel: Gilby Clarke, Tracii Guns (guitar); Randy Castillo (drums).
Audio Mixer: Fred Coury.
Liner Note Author: Fred Coury.
Recording information: Atlantis Studios, Stockholm, Sweden.
Outside of the mainstream of tribute records (indie rock, country, mainstream rock) there exists a seemingly never-ending stream of generic, faceless tribute records that are mostly released by Big Eye and Cleopatra. The music is made by studio-concocted bands that (usually) sound like they are one step above a frat bar cover band or by a studio engineer with lots of slick keyboard skills. A Rock Tribute to Guns N' Roses is an exception to this facelessness but still manages to sound as generic as all the rest. What sets this apart is the participation of two actual members of Guns N' Roses, Tracii Guns and Gilby Clarke. They obviously reaped none of the financial rewards of being in the band that Axl Rose did. On the other hand, at least their disgrace will mostly go unnoticed, while Rose's is trumpeted all across the globe. The record also features a raft of guest vocalists howling their way through classic G N' R songs like "Paradise City" and "Welcome to the Jungle." Among them are metal D-listers Kevin DuBrow of Quiet Riot, Spike Gray of Quireboys, Kory Clarke of Warrior Soul, and Joe Leste of Bang Tango. It all sounds exactly like what you might imagine: a bunch of has-beens shrieking over slick, soulless, and boringly proficient metal approximations of some of the greatest hard rock songs ever. If that sounds like fun to you, you may need to reexamine your relationship to music. ~ Tim Sendra
Ultimate Rock & Roll Classics: 74 Original Hits (3-CD Box... TOP 10 Bestseller
$9.98 CD Sale
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$4.98 CD Sale
57 Channels (And Nothin' On) / Part Man Part Monkey TOP 100 Bestseller
99¢ on Sale
WCBS FM101.1 - Ultimate Oldies Collection, The Anniversary... TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$5.98 CD Sale