|You Save:||$1.60 (16% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: R
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: November 24, 2009
- Originally Released: 1990
- Label: Lions Gate
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Audio commentary by co-writer/co-producer John Eskow
- "Pre-flight: the storyboards of Air America" featurette
- "Flight log" featurette
- "Return flight: revisiting Air America" retrospective featurette
- Theatrical trailer
- Special Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Mel Gibson & Robert Downey Jr.|
|Performer:||Nancy Travis, David Marshall Grant, David Bowe, Ken Jenkins, Marshall Bell, Art LaFleur, Ned Eisenberg, Burt Kwouk & Lane Smith|
|Directed by||Roger Spottiswoode|
|Edited by||John Bloom & Lois Freeman-Fox|
|Screenwriting by||John Eskow & Richard Rush|
|Composition by||Charles Gross|
|Produced by||Daniel Melnick|
|Director of Photography:||Roger Deakins|
|Executive Production by||Mario Kassar & Andrew G. Vajna|
...Guffaws aplenty, including some good-natured tweaking of CIA harassment techniques...
Rating: 1/5 -- Everybody on-screen seems awfully bored.
Capital Times (Madison, WI)
Rating: D -- Air America never finds a righteous pace -- it's an expensive ghost town mood with two handsome leads spending their screentime mentally cashing their paychecks. Full Review
Rating: 3/5 -- Full of action and Mel Gibson.
Kansas City Kansan
Rating: 2/5 -- An interesting storyline, but it's mostly a waste of time.
Rating: 2/5 -- Gibson does what he can, but not even Olivier could salvage this one.
...It's a great, untapped movie subject....It's a free-wheeling, sporty entertainment...
Los Angeles Times
Based on actual events, this satiric drama--based on true events--tells the story of an airline allegedly purchased by the CIA solely for the purpose of opium and heroin smuggling out of Laos to help finance the Vietman War. One pilot (Mel Gibson) believes in his mission. The other (Robert Downey, Jr.) would like to do the whole program in. The retired General who heads the operation will do anything to protect it.
- Shot in Rank Color, DeLuxe prints. Recorded in Dolby.
- The film reportedly cost $35 million, and was shot in Thailand with several aerial units to perform the extensive stunts.
- Copyright 1990 Carolco Pictures, Inc.
Arnold Schwarzenegger: Comedy Favorites Collection (Twins /... (DVD)
$10.98 Winter Sale