|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$9.80 Sale ends Dec 6|
|You Save:||$3.18 (24% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 54 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: October 9, 2007
- Originally Released: 1982
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen - 1.85
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English,
- Dolby Surround 2.0 - English, French
- Mono 1.0 - Portuguese
- Subtitles - English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: THEY ARE HERE: THE REAL WORLD OF POLTERGEISTS REVEALED - PART ONE: SCIENCE OF THE SPIRITS, PART TWO: COMMUNING WITH THE DEAD
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Craig T. Nelson, JoBeth Williams & Heather O'Rourke|
|Performer:||Dominique Dunne, Oliver Robins, Zelda Rubinstein, Beatrice Straight & James Karen|
|Directed by||Tobe Hooper|
|Edited by||Michael Kahn|
|Screenwriting by||Michael Grais, Mark Victor & Steven Spielberg|
|Composition by||Jerry Goldsmith|
|Produced by||Frank Marshall & Steven Spielberg|
|Director of Photography:||Matthew F. Leonetti|
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
- Carol Anne Freeling (Heather O'Rourke) about the poltergeists
...POLTERGEIST is like a thoroughly enjoyable nightmare, one that you know that you can always wake up from....Witty in a fashion that Alfred Hitchcock might have appreciated...
New York Times
The film delivers honest special-effects shocks without forfeiting its good nature. Full Review
Spielberg's intent may be satirical, but I find these stereotypes even more depressing than hobgoblins, and would not have minded if they'd all been dragged off into the fourth dimension. Full Review
4 stars out of 5 -- POLTERGEIST balances genuine scares with light relief and a top performance from Heather O'Rourke....Classic stuff.
Though the shocks are well conveyed, it's the sweetness that lingers, making this the first cute and cuddly entry in the genre. Full Review
Poltergeist doesn't deserve serious attention... It lacks minimal logic and a coherent objective. [Full Review in Spanish] Full Review
El Pais (Spain)
It is consistently redeemed by its creator's dazzling sense of craft. Full Review
Ghosts invade suburbia in this 1982 horror film from director Tobe Hooper (TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE) and producer Steven Spielberg. Life in the Freeling family's tract home is comfortably bland, but frisky poltergeists soon put a little excitement into their daily routine--moving furniture and communicating with their youngest daughter, Carol Anne, through the television set. Unfortunately, harmless pranks quickly turn nasty and the previously friendly ghosts kidnap Carol Anne, trapping her in the spirit world. To win the child back, the family calls in a team of parapsychologists and a psychic who conducts an elaborate exorcism. The apocalyptic finale is deliciously macabre, and pushed the limits of the PG rating. A number of sequels followed, and speculation still remains on whether Spielberg--who wrote the story and storyboarded the action--essentially ghost directed the film.
- Filmed in Metrocolor and Panavision.
- Film was originally rated R by the MPAA, but received a PG on appeal.
- Academy Award Nominations: Best Original Score, Best Visual Effects, Best Sound Effects Editing.
A Nightmare on Elm Street (infiniFilm Special Ed.)
$5.59 CYBER WEEK
- Sales Rank: 23,621
- UPC: 012569647510
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item