Three of Hearts
|You Save:||$2.77 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 41 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: May 4, 2004
- Originally Released: 1993
- Label: New Line Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||William Baldwin, Sherilyn Fenn & Kelly Lynch|
|Performer:||Joe Pantoliano, Gail Strickland, Cec Verrell, Tony Amendola, Ann Ryerson & Keith MacKechnie|
|Directed by||Yurek Bogayevicz|
|Edited by||Dennis M. Hill & Suzanne Hines|
|Screenplay by||Adam Greenman & Mitch Glazer|
|Composition by||Joe Jackson|
|Story by||Adam Greenman|
|Produced by||Joel B. Michaels & Matthew Irmas|
|Director of Photography:||Andrzej Sekula|
|Executive Production by||David Permut|
...Marvelously exploiting New York's downtown world, it is a commercially slick and appealing film...
Even with such an offbeat trio, Three of Hearts proves curiously banal, neither sexy nor witty. Full Review
Rating: 3.5/4 -- An engaging romantic comedy. Full Review
A two-hour anticlimax, Three of Hearts manages to offend just about everyone -- women, men, lesbians, heterosexuals, prostitutes and, most of all, moviegoers. Full Review
Rating: 2/4 -- Innovative and interesting renderings of relationships are at a premium; it's obviously much easier to stick a few characters into stock situations and let the plot grind to a stopping point. Full Review
Rating: 3/4 -- The screenplay by Adam Greenman and Mitch Glazer understands the old screwball formulas without being tied to them, and the characters are allowed the freedom to develop in unexpected ways. Full Review
...A fresh, engaging story....[Lynch] gives a tough, funny performance...
New York Times
When a woman's lesbian lover leaves, she hires a gigolo to seduce her lover, mistreat her, and send her back home. Simple enough, except the stud falls for his bisexual quarry and doesn't want her to leave. Starring Sherilyn Fenn, Kelly Lynch, and William Baldwin.
When Connie is dumped by her girlfriend Ellen, she hires a handsome, charismatic escort named Joe to break Ellen's heart. Joe is a smooth-talking Don Juan who goes by the motto "any woman, any time, guaranteed." Once Joe rejects Ellen, Connie is certain she'll come running back into her loving arms. But sometimes even the best-laid plans don't work out quite the way you expect.
- Before "Three of Hearts" Yurek Bogayevicz directed "Anna," a remake of "All About Eve" which featured Sally Kirkland, Paulina Porizkova, Robert Fields and Stefan Schnabel. Written by Agnieska Holland and photographed by Bob Bukowski, "Anna" is about a Czechoslovakian actress betrayed by a younger female admirer. Judging by these two films, you could say Bogayevicz is interested in relationships between women.
- Actress Sherilyn Fenn has appeared in the television series "Twin Peaks." Her film credits include "Of Mice and Men," "Fatal Instinct," and "Boxing Helena." William Baldwin's credits include "Backdraft," "Flatliners," and "Internal Affairs." Kelly Lynch's films are "Desperate Hours," "Drugstore Cowboy," and "Warm Summer Rain."
- A conventional love triangle turned upside down, "Three of Hearts" takes lesbian love, sexual politics, and jealousy as its themes. Romantic witticisms reminiscent of classic cinema abound in a film which relies on quick dialogue, not skin, to entertain.
- Rated BBFC 18 by the British Board of Film Classification.
Pineapple Express (Unrated) (Theatrical and Extended... (DVD)
$6.50 Super Savings
The Slowest Gun in the West (1960) / Fair Play (1972) TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$5.95 on Sale
Abbott and Costello Meet the Creature from the Black Lagoon TOP 25 Bestselling DVD
$6.90 Super Savings
Tony Curtis Double Feature: Houdini (1953) (FS) / Those... TOP 100 Bestseller
$5.58 Winter Sale
The Three Stooges - Classic Shorts, Films & Cartoons (6-DVD... TOP 100 Bestseller
$3.98 Winter Sale
The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters -...
$3.18 Winter Sale
Laurel & Hardy - Best of Laurel & Hardy (6-DVD + Book)
$21.30 Super Savings